Thread: Foel Fras - Pictures

Foel Fras - Pictures

Pictures from this race are now on my site....

www.fellrunningpictures.co.uk

I am sorry about the quality of these pictures.

Alastair

Re: Foel Fras - Pictures

Don't apologise - t'was awful up there!

Hats off for sticking it out!

SOme interesting navigational issues took place within seconds of those photos being taken.... Still, got the compass out realised what the hell i was doing - oops

Great race tho, thanks organisers...

ST

My defence was I did no navigation, I turned right and ran along the ridge popped out at the col before the Bera's which was actually Llwytmor, I'd done a 180 Deg turn..

Spent 40 minutes with a paper mushy map before I gave up and ran down out of the clag very cold. Great race, annoyed because I reckon that's the best I've felt all year, finally feel like I'm over the ultras. Good fun anyway.

The wife reckons it counts as a victory over me but I think a DNF rules that out, I made sure Geoff didn't record my 2:30 something time as having completed! :-)

That's pretty good going on teh getting lost front - so easy to do on a day like that. I was part of a posse that got round in about 2:30 but took the wrong side of the ridge coming off Uchaf which meant having to skirt around the nose of Drosgyl on some rubbish ground. We dutifully did Wnoin and noone checked our numbers so you might count as a finisher....

Great race tho

I finished down by Aber falls with Ross P and looked over at Wnion, I'd not missed a CP so was still in the race, I think he read my thoughts and as he asked was I going to but the moment I thought about the reality of running from the base of aber falls to Wnion to Aber I thought sod that. As it was the wife wasn't overly impressed with me for being out so long..however after her relief at seeing me safe had passed she soon brought up the fact she (so she thinks) has a race win :-)

Do you still run those WFRA navigation courses Iain?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortinbras View Post
    Do you still run those WFRA navigation courses Iain?
    I know. Two things went through my head as I dropped off, first I hope the wife is more lost than I am and doesn't beat me, secondly, how do I explain getting lost and running nav courses..

Just seen the results at www.wfra.org.uk - judging by the numbers of DNF's I'm glad I took the easy option of the Bollington race!