Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Meanwood Valley Trail

  1. #31
    Master Multiterrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bramley
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Meanwood Valley Trail

    This year's race is back to an April date - 14th to be exact - anyone else entered yet?

  2. #32
    Senior Member protodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrogate
    Posts
    385

    Re: Meanwood Valley Trail

    Did as part of the "Airedale triple" last year, it's a nice run with a real sting in the tail at the end re the small cliff you have to climb! Unfortunately away this year otherwise would have considered it.

  3. #33
    Master Multiterrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bramley
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Meanwood Valley Trail

    Quote Originally Posted by protodoc View Post
    Did as part of the "Airedale triple" last year, it's a nice run with a real sting in the tail at the end re the small cliff you have to climb! Unfortunately away this year otherwise would have considered it.
    That's the best part of the race and where my current avatar pic comes from!

  4. #34
    Senior Member fozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    621

    Re: Meanwood Valley Trail

    Week before London, so definitely not running it. Have offered my services to Bob J to marshal (and take some photos) if VS are a bit short though. It will mean I have to help our rival club out, but I was bribed by beer!

    Will see if my services are required!

    I may come down and watch anyway - it's only a 2mile trip down the road.
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

  5. #35
    Senior Member Leeds Rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    up a hill in Leeds
    Posts
    825

    Re: Meanwood Valley Trail

    I'm doing it, for about the 12th time ! Pleasant enough way to spend a Saturday morning

  6. #36
    Master Multiterrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bramley
    Posts
    4,415
    Anyone else running this tomorrow?

  7. #37
    Master Rob Furness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    2,418
    I'll be there

  8. #38
    Master Multiterrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bramley
    Posts
    4,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    I'll be there
    Looks like you had a good run Rob (5th or 6th?).

    I was content with my 57:35 mins for 71st though feel I relaxed too much on the narrower paths particularly on the way to 7 Arches. Perfect weather for it today.

  9. #39
    Master Rob Furness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    2,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Looks like you had a good run Rob (5th or 6th?).

    I was content with my 57:35 mins for 71st though feel I relaxed too much on the narrower paths particularly on the way to 7 Arches. Perfect weather for it today.
    6th MT. Pretty happy with that. I'm running well just at the moment. Long may it continue

    It's quite a tough route actually. Flat enough overall to be quite quick, but with some rough ground and a few surprisingly steep climbs. I ran 45:45. Might as well do the last one of the series now too, if I'm free next Sunday.

  10. #40
    Master Multiterrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bramley
    Posts
    4,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    6th MT. Pretty happy with that. I'm running well just at the moment. Long may it continue

    It's quite a tough route actually. Flat enough overall to be quite quick, but with some rough ground and a few surprisingly steep climbs. I ran 45:45. Might as well do the last one of the series now too, if I'm free next Sunday.
    Good stuff Rob. It was my 9th time at the race in the 18 years its been going and having run the inaugural one. There's been a few course changes over the years as numbers have increased but current course gives best of both world's, and you say some fast flattish running but with the steep climbs- love the climb up through the woods after entering Meanwood Park!

Similar Threads

  1. Kirkstall Valley Trail Race
    By LiamM in forum Other Races
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-09-2009, 07:20 PM
  2. Meanwood Valley Trail 17 May
    By Multiterrainer in forum Other Races
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18-05-2008, 12:28 PM
  3. Cuerdon valley 10K trail
    By Ady In Accy in forum Other Races
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22-07-2007, 10:40 PM
  4. Meanwood Valley Trail race
    By Multiterrainer in forum Other Races
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-04-2007, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •