Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any maps co'ord's for Wasdale?

any maps co'ord's for Wasdale?

up on hols in L District soon and would love to recce bits of the Wasdale Fell Race route to help fill the days between Coniston Gullies Race and Coniston Triathlon

Hope I'm not trangressing any conduct in asking for key co ordinates, links or map for the Wasdale Fell Race... would be most helpful and greatly appreciated, thanks alot

Feet in the Cowclaps

Re: any maps co'ord's for Wasd

Here.

Click on 'our calendar' on the left.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    You working for Pete Bland as well as Planet-X now dom ?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    You working for Pete Bland as well as Planet-X now dom ?
    Me? Would I be so impartial!
    Last edited by dominion; 17-05-2009 at 09:56 PM.

That's fanatastic FITCC,for making my holiday an awful lot harder but hopefully more satisfying/educational ... thanks a million

3 whole pounds for directions ! That's a grand scheme and good luck to them !

does anyone have a memory map or gps waypoint file of the route?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TriathlonStu View Post
    does anyone have a memory map or gps waypoint file of the route?

Cheers
    I've got my track from last year in Tracklogs/Anquet and GPX format. I guess you'll be wanting the latter. Just PM me with your email address and confirm the maximum number of trackpoints MemoryMap can handle - is it 500?

FellMonster

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I've got my track from last year in Tracklogs/Anquet and GPX format. I guess you'll be wanting the latter. Just PM me with your email address and confirm the maximum number of trackpoints MemoryMap can handle - is it 500?
    All this technology bamboozles me. I know that Andy's the man for the following question...

Could a complete novice with one of these Garmin watches navigate safely around the like of Wasdale or Ennerdale if they didn't know the way? I remember Andy's map of Borrowdale which had his route plonked on it. It looked fantastic and was a good clue of the route.....though I'm wondering how the watch would help you on the ground to get round via the checkpoints.......
    I'm genuinely curious.....you hear and read petty little comments on here about people being 'cheats' for running with their garmin watches and waypoints.....i'd probably invest in something if I knew it was trust worthy and reliable.....is the technology as good/easy to follow as the road sat-nav's yet?

alwaysinjured

Quote Originally Posted by FellMonster View Post
    All this technology bamboozles me. I know that Andy's the man for the following question...

Could a complete novice with one of these Garmin watches navigate safely around the like of Wasdale or Ennerdale if they didn't know the way? I remember Andy's map of Borrowdale which had his route plonked on it. It looked fantastic and was a good clue of the route.....though I'm wondering how the watch would help you on the ground to get round via the checkpoints.......
    I'm genuinely curious.....you hear and read petty little comments on here about people being 'cheats' for running with their garmin watches and waypoints.....i'd probably invest in something if I knew it was trust worthy and reliable.....is the technology as good/easy to follow as the road sat-nav's yet?

So you slip in the clag. Fall, watch comes off/breaks. Or the battery fails. You are shaken , get up. No idea where you are. What are you going to do??

Whether or not you can is academic.

You must not, without being able to do the alternative.
    If you wander round in circles going hypothermic, unable to find anyone or anything because you guessed wrong where you were.

The race organisers wont thank you.
    And after november debacle, fell running doesnt need more bad vibes from mountain rescue.