Thread: Outdoor Pursuits Degrees

Master

Outdoor Pursuits Degrees

Anybody know any universites that offer Outdoor Pursuits degrees. Ive found the uni of cumbria, lancashire and Trinity in South Wales. Preferably somewhere mountainous.
    Any help would be appreiciated
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Re: Outdoor Pursuits Degrees

Start by going on the UCAS website, that lists virtually every degree course on offer and has links to all the universities and colleges in their system. Don't take the universities publicity at face value, they are put together like estate agents sales particulars or holiday brochures; check out student union websites for the customers' views.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmc View Post
    Start by going on the UCAS website, that lists virtually every degree course on offer and has links to all the universities and colleges in their system. Don't take the universities publicity at face value, they are put together like estate agents sales particulars or holiday brochures; check out student union websites for the customers' views.
    Good luck.
    Or do what i did....picked the one closest to home and just turned up on the first day.

(I ddint do the course your after tom)

I went to Trinity, but to do Countryside Management. Can recommend the college, really great place. Not many students, around 1200 when I was there, but you get to know other sudents and tutors well.

Easy access to Pembrokeshire for climbing and to the Brecon Beacons for walking/running/caving.

Although don't do what I did and confuse Camarthen for Caernarfon. D'oh!
    He's big and he's good.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Big Fella View Post
    I went to Trinity, but to do Countryside Management. Can recommend the college, really great place. Not many students, around 1200 when I was there, but you get to know other sudents and tutors well.

Easy access to Pembrokeshire for climbing and to the Brecon Beacons for walking/running/caving.

Although don't do what I did and confuse Camarthen for Caernarfon. D'oh!
    I almost made that mistake when i first looked. Thanks for the advice
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

http://www.myerscough.ac.uk/Pages/Hi...ation-Subjects
    Close to Bowland Fells, West Pennine Moors, Howgills, Lakes and Yorkshire Dales.

Hello,

My grandson wants get enrolled into the SOU Academic Programs (by Southern Oregon University, can't find the official link to it now). Does anyone have any experience with their Outdoor Adventure Leadership degree program? I'm at a loss, because I wanted to hire a professional coach for him (to prepare for a marathon) and I don't know if it's worth it now. I need to save some money to help him with his tuition as well.

The University of Highlands and Islands. UHI. Runs degrees in various outdoor pursuits. Based in Fort William, Portree and Broadford.