Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Testers

Re: WANTED: Testers

I see I've aroused some suspicion among some of you so let me answer some of the questions pointed my way:

1) Have mods checked me out? I wrote a very nice polite begging e-mail to Brett before my first request for assistance with my market research was posted (Thread: Help me to help you?). Brett's reply was as long as there was no gratuitous Spam/plugging of the business, and there are people willing to help out, go for it. I don't think so far I can be accused of spamming or plugging. I have since made myself known to Brett who say's this latest thread is okay.

2) My use of the info provided? I do not have a cunning scheme to set up credit cards in anyone's name based on your PB up Ben Nevis, or your BGR time. More's the pity! As AJF said, I don't think I can do any damage with the info I'm after. It's purely to help me decide who would make ideal testers.

3) My lack of site? As previously stated, I am in the process of 'setting up' a busines hence there is no site as yet. I have the domain name though, hosted through 34sp.com and this is what you see if you try to find me. I am looking to set up a purely on-line business so there will be no shop, and as for my personal geographic location, I don't want to narrow the possibilities of who I am yet. Nothing sinister behind this, I just want to spare my blushes if it all goes wrong, or I don't get it off the ground.

Just to head off a few other questions - I am nothing to do with the logistics company that coincidentally bears my name. I just like the sound of it.

This is purely innocent. Would just like to thank everyone who has replied so far. I will not reply to you all until after the deadline, so don't be alarmed if you do not hear anything from me before the timescales I posted above.

To try to generate a bit of trust though, I will share a bit of my background with you all.

I have recently escaped the civil war in the Congo. I fled only with what I could carry on my back. My family - one of the old ruling dynasties with its fortune built on a fruit juice empire - remain behind as they try to defend our assets.

They cannot transfer the money to me as I am a wanted man. However, I am pleased to offer you the opportunity to assist and in return I will pay you 2% of the wealth in question (an 8 figure sum in GBP). All I need is for you to facilitate the transfer of our family assets to the UK.

For this to happen, please let me have the following information: the number of miles you run per week, number of pairs of Inov-8s you own, your account and pin number, and which plant pot you keep the spare key under.

Did I get away with it?
    Last edited by Norbert Dentressangle; 21-05-2009 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert Dentressangle View Post
    To try to generate a bit of trust though, I will share a bit of my background with you all.

I have recently escaped the civil war in the Congo. I fled only with what I could carry on my back. My family - one of the old ruling dynasties with its fortune built on a fruit juice empire - remain behind as they try to defend our assets.

They cannot transfer the money to me as I am a wanted man. However, I am pleased to offer you the opportunity to assist and in return I will pay you 2% of the wealth in question (an 8 figure sum in GBP). All I need is for you to facilitate the transfer of our family assets to the UK.

For this to happen, please let me have the following information: the number of miles you run per week, number of pairs of Inov-8s you own, your account and pin number, and which plant pot you keep the spare key under.

Did I get away with it?
    Sorry no not enough spelling mistakes to make it believable

I see I've aroused some suspicion among some of you so let me answer some of the questions pointed my way:

1) Have mods checked me out? I wrote a very nice polite begging e-mail to Brett before my first request for assistance with my market research was posted (Thread: Help me to help you?). Brett's reply was as long as there was no gratuitous Spam/plugging of the business, and there are people willing to help out, go for it. I don't think so far I can be accused of spamming or plugging. I have since made myself known to Brett who say's this latest thread is okay.

2) My use of the info provided? I do not have a cunning scheme to set up credit cards in anyone's name based on your PB up Ben Nevis, or your BGR time. More's the pity! As AJF said, I don't think I can do any damage with the info I'm after. It's purely to help me decide who would make ideal testers.

3) My lack of site? As previously stated, I am in the process of 'setting up' a busines hence there is no site as yet. I have the domain name though, hosted through 34sp.com and this is what you see if you try to find me. I am looking to set up a purely on-line business so there will be no shop, and as for my personal geographic location, I don't want to narrow the possibilities of who I am yet. Nothing sinister behind this, I just want to spare my blushes if it all goes wrong, or I don't get it off the ground.

Just to head off a few other questions - I am nothing to do with the logistics company that coincidentally bears my name. I just like the sound of it.

This is purely innocent. Would just like to thank everyone who has replied so far. I will not reply to you all until after the deadline, so don't be alarmed if you do not hear anything from me before the timescales I posted above.

Did I get away with it?
    Bloody good answer !!!

Your satiric nature Monsiuer enhances your credibility, though I still suspect you are up to something other than flogging fell running kit.

The more usual way to do that is to plug away a website and entice people into shops in dodgy areas where they spend money on expensive shorts.

However in order to do that you will need an accomplice
    The internationally famous pork-faced mentalist

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Hmm, wise Piglet, beware Greeks bearing gifts. You're not Greek are you ND?
    Last edited by southernsoftie; 21-05-2009 at 09:29 PM.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Phew! Good to see the heat is finally off and the fuzz is off my tail!

Just thought I'd repost this as a reminder for you to get your e-mails to me if you haven't done so already.

Got loads of good ones so far and the choice is really difficult. Let's make it even tougher for me!

Thanks for all the responses so far. If nothing else, it's good to see the variety of experience out there!

Just to make things a bit more transparent, I'd better explain how I'll select my testers.

1) I'll continue to accept e-mails until the 31st of May.
    2) Based on your details, I'll pick 4 that give me the best mix of experience (purely subjective, sorry).
    3) I'll e-mail all who responded by the 7th June to let you know if you're in or not, and if so, more detail about how it'll work.

Look forward to seeing plenty more e-mails!

I'll e-mail all who responded by the 7th June to let you know if you're in or not
    The suspense is killing me.

3) I'll e-mail all who responded by the 7th June to let you know if you're in or not, and if so, more detail about how it'll work.
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    The suspense is killing me.
    Sorry all - particularly noel, bit of a cock-up on the replying front. Been a bit behind, but replies coming everybody's way definitely this week (hopefully all out by Thursday).

Cheers,

ND

Master

Sorry all - particularly noel, bit of a cock-up on the replying front. Been a bit behind, but replies coming everybody's way definitely this week (hopefully all out by Thursday).

Cheers,

ND
    OK. I find out the day i leave school for ever, could my day be made even better?
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    OK. I find out the day i leave school for ever, could my day be made even better?
    Aww are you leaving school on Thursday? and a modelling career too, looking very promising for you! have fun on Thursday..