Thread: How are Scottish Water Levels?

How are Scottish Water Levels?

Doing the LAMM next week and wondered if anyone knows how the water tables are looking in the highlands? Last year the rivers were flowing pretty low and i get the impression this year's not much better?

Re: How are Scottish Water Lev

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMonkeys View Post
    Doing the LAMM next week and wondered if anyone knows how the water tables are looking in the highlands? Last year the rivers were flowing pretty low and i get the impression this year's not much better?
    We had no problem crossing any streams in the cairngorms last week and there was plenty to drink. hope this helps.

Master

Sutherland was real dry underfoot last week although it chucked it down last Saturday/Sunday very windy though.

Good luck with the LAMM
    The older I get the Faster I was

There was quite a lot of water flowing off the hills earlier this week in Grampian but it's been hot and sunny the last few days so the water levels have dropped. It just means by next week it will be pouring again

Just back from a jaunt round some of the Glen Lochay hills and its pretty dry but still easy enough to find some water for drinking. I don't think river crossing will be much of a problem if the general forecast for the week is ok.

And talking of the LAMM I found a pair of trashed mono-skins doubled up a with thin inner sock and bits of strapping tape stick to them next to a boulder on the way over to Creagh Mhor. I was wondering where they might of came from and remembered about the LAMM being up there a couple of years back. Hopefully whoever left them had a good excuse, can't think of how else they might have been left.

Dumped in a bin in Killin now, I would have taken them home but too many holes!