Thread: Bikes

Re: Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    .... three of them are "long term tests"
    Excellent! Must be a great job
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Why Hann won't come out on the fells on her bike but insists on time trialling instead.
    Why Lola won't come out on her road bike for a jaunt around lake Windermere...

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Lola, I am trying my hand at a bit of everything at the moment... which currently is time trialling and road racing... But rest assured, the cross bike will be used again this winter and one day I may just make it up to the Lakes with my Kona, for a jaunt on the fells

In the meantime, Sugarloaf and Hatterall ridge will have to suffice
    I am trying my hand (badly) at summer cross and the odd time trial, it might help if I trained a bit, but then bits seem to fall off me. Even entered my first open 10 for the first time in about 17 years, takes place this Saturday.

Just bought a second cyclocross bike (Empella frame, carbon forks, 105 groupset - collecting tomorrow) so I can train for the peaks (if i get in). Only have 5 working bikes (2 cross, 1 old mountain - Marin Pine mountain , pre suspension, 1road workhorse and 1timetrial bargain) and an old wreck for spares at the moment, dream of having 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    I am trying my hand (badly) at summer cross and the odd time trial, it might help if I trained a bit, but then bits seem to fall off me. Even entered my first open 10 for the first time in about 17 years, takes place this Saturday.

Just bought a second cyclocross bike (Empella frame, carbon forks, 105 groupset - collecting tomorrow) so I can train for the peaks (if i get in). Only have 5 working bikes (2 cross, 1 old mountain - Marin Pine mountain , pre suspension, 1road workhorse and 1timetrial bargain) and an old wreck for spares at the moment, dream of having 7.
    come on... get some piccies up on the Latest Bikes thread

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    come on... get some piccies up on the Latest Bikes thread
    Have not been on here for a while, don't bother so much when I am injured (hence the cycling). Used to spend time sparring with Albert Higginbottom (forum name Hanneke - Irish bloke has beard and beer belly - you don't believe that attractive Dutch female cycling guff do you?).

No doubt once the physio, orthotics and everything else starts to kick in will get back to fell racing.

what I should have said in the last post, is where is the latest bikes thread

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    To be honest i really am out of my depth with anything but bmx. I want to ride lake district and snowdonia stuff. Trails, not really any proper off the beaten track stuff. So any recommendations
    Another vote for the Spesh Rockhopper; bargain bike for the money.

Don't get secondhand; if you don't know what you're buying it could be a heap of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    Have not been on here for a while, don't bother so much when I am injured (hence the cycling). Used to spend time sparring with Albert Higginbottom (forum name Hanneke - Irish bloke has beard and beer belly - you don't believe that attractive Dutch female cycling guff do you?).

No doubt once the physio, orthotics and everything else starts to kick in will get back to fell racing.
    Ohhhhhh, Anti < flutters eylashes > I was worried about you, as you have not been on here for sooooo long!

Good luck with your 10... So far I have only done on TT, it was a 25. Bloody boring and hard work... but going to try a 10 next week...

There you go throwing yourself at me again, I know you Dutch find anything attractive but I am not a right wing party (its a political joke merry)

I am finding it hard to properly get into a training regime, still very much enjoy cycling but miss fell running and don't seem to have the same motivation so am not progressing much on the bike.

I know what you mean about Testing, I used to love it but it can be boring, after you have done a couple you will be able to race yourself better as you will know what PB you need to beat. You will also be aware of the average times of your nearest rivals so you will be racing them as well and it becomes tenser. Make sure you have a good clock on your speedo, it can become a bit anal analytically but once you get into it properly it becomes addictive.

I am potentially better at testing that cyclocross (can't ride a bike off road), but i am going to stick with getting better at cross so I can attempt the 3 peaks X)