Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something a bit different

Something a bit different

JUL 18. TRACKS TO TRIG (R). AS. 11.00 a.m. 1.1m/875' from railway bridge betwen Chinley and Buxworth (GR 037825). £2 pre-entry only on FRA form, cheques payable to Mr N J Cook. Limit 60. Over 18. New event. Uphill only race in time trial format with one min. interval starts from 11 a.m. Start times on Community Centre notice board (400yds from start) from 10 a.m. Run “watchless” as prize for runner closest to estimated time (NB no secure storage for watches). No safety pins. Details: Nikalas Cook, 38 Lower Lane, Chinley, High Peak, SK23 6BD. Tel: 07717 438025. Email: [email protected]

Re: Something a bit different

This looks fun. I'll have to see if I'm free on that day. I'm wondering what's the potential for being overtaken - could I beat Lloyd or Stuart up a hill if I had a minute head start?

Are you going to run "Trig to tracks" in 2010 - a downhill-only time trial?

Nikalas

I'm not being flippant when I say this - would people be able to do this as a walk ? My cast is coming off next week & I have been walking on it anyway - for example scrambled up Elle bank and down the 1st clough at Mount faminine & walked part way along the trail at Bamford sheepdog trails.

I do appreciate there may be an insurance issue but If it is Ok rest assured won't have my racing head on (). For 1.1 miles I estimate here & now my time to be 22.5 mins

Master

How come its over 18 if you dont mind me asking
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Master

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    If you do it, you'll see that running down one of the steepest sections would be more of a case of controlled falling!
    Much quicker then

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    This looks fun. I'll have to see if I'm free on that day. I'm wondering what's the potential for being overtaken - could I beat Lloyd or Stuart up a hill if I had a minute head start?

Are you going to run "Trig to tracks" in 2010 - a downhill-only time trial?
    It's a challenging route with one seriously steep section that'd be a case of falling down rather than running if we went downhill. However, if it goes well this year and proves popular I've got route ideas for an up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    Nikalas

I'm not being flippant when I say this - would people be able to do this as a walk ? My cast is coming off next week & I have been walking on it anyway - for example scrambled up Elle bank and down the 1st clough at Mount faminine & walked part way along the trail at Bamford sheepdog trails.

I do appreciate there may be an insurance issue but If it is Ok rest assured won't have my racing head on (). For 1.1 miles I estimate here & now my time to be 22.5 mins
    walking would be fine... I reckon there will be very few who run the whole thing (red rag!!!) and you stand just as much chance of winning the "nearest to estimated time" prize.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    How come its over 18 if you dont mind me asking
    fair question... first year we're running it and we just wanted things to be as simple as possible.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    fair question... first year we're running it and we just wanted things to be as simple as possible.
    Ah fair point. Now the cheeky bit. You wouldnt change it would you cos im really interested

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    Ah fair point. Now the cheeky bit. You wouldnt change it would you cos im really interested
    I don't know if that'd do-able now that all the forms etc have been submitted but, like the "up and down" option, we might open it up next year a bit if all goes well.