Thread: SLMM partner?

SLMM partner?

Hi,

I've got a place in the Carrock course this year but my partner has dropped out through injury and I'm wondering if there is anyone who fancies joining me?

Uber fit people will be disappointed and might want to look elsewhere ...
    ...because I'm currently somewhat unfit: I had been planning on being fairly competitive this year - I was on good form for most of 2009 but I was ill for a couple of months in the Spring and have only just got back to running in the past couple of weeks. As a result, I'm fat and unfit and no longer likely to be realistically competitive (or rather, I'll be really competitive but unable to keep up with what my head wants to do ). So I'm no longer fit or fast... I managed a 45 minute 5 miler on the roads this morning before breakfast (wasn't it a lovely morning?) and did about eight miles on the fells in under 1hr20 last weekend, if that tells you anything. I'm very determined though

I really want to go and have fun so I'm not looking for someone aiming to win

I'd kind of prefer female but don't let that put any nice patient chaps off... if they're not too sensitive for my sense of humour

Failing that, I've also got a RAB place this year and will be fit again by then... ?
    Damn, I can't do that today, I'm wearing the wrong pants.

Re: SLMM partner?

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Hi,

I've got a place in the Carrock course this year but my partner has dropped out through injury and I'm wondering if there is anyone who fancies joining me?

Uber fit people will be disappointed and might want to look elsewhere ...
    ...because I'm currently somewhat unfit: I had been planning on being fairly competitive this year - I was on good form for most of 2009 but I was ill for a couple of months in the Spring and have only just got back to running in the past couple of weeks. As a result, I'm fat and unfit and no longer likely to be realistically competitive (or rather, I'll be really competitive but unable to keep up with what my head wants to do ). So I'm no longer fit or fast... I managed a 45 minute 5 miler on the roads this morning before breakfast (wasn't it a lovely morning?) and did about eight miles on the fells in under 1hr20 last weekend, if that tells you anything. I'm very determined though

I really want to go and have fun so I'm not looking for someone aiming to win

I'd kind of prefer female but don't let that put any nice patient chaps off... if they're not too sensitive for my sense of humour

Failing that, I've also got a RAB place this year and will be fit again by then... ?
    When is it? I am just about as unfit as you... due to injury and then getting into cycling so I have done little running lately...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

4/5 July. I had just thought of pulling out but I had to last year and the OMM for similar reasons and it's a weekend out if nothing else.
    Damn, I can't do that today, I'm wearing the wrong pants.

Dash! I knew there was some reason for not having entered it... Can't do that weekend, have to work

I am sure you will find someone though...

I actually got injured doing the OMM last year, but am now at last back to running.
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

i was in but had to pull out as my partner could not do it, just done the LAMM score class, i may be interested, i'm not a girlie though!! let me know by pming if you want to have a go
    Last edited by Darth domain; 09-06-2009 at 03:50 PM.
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

Oh dear, Hanneke's back to running!!!

I did say I'd only do the OMM if you were as unfit as me by then... )
    Life is not a rehearsal - make the most of it!