Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing weight

novice

Losing weight

So if I have a stomach and want to shift it how can I ensure that in attempting to lose weight it will actually come off my stomach and no where else?

Probably a stupid question

Re: Losing weight

Losing weight on certain places usually harder to lose, so have you tried

Ab crunches

Good Luck!

It's actually impossible to spot target areas to lose fat from. Doing ab crunches will tone the muscle underneath but there will still be a layer of fat there.

To lose fat you have to work out, and cardio is the most effective way to burn fat, unfortunately doing lots of cardio will also burn muscle (which I'm guessing is your concern).

The only way to burn fat and maintain muscle in key areas is to combine cardio with strength training, backed up by a sensible eating plan.

Quote Originally Posted by boon View Post
    It's actually impossible to spot target areas to lose fat from. Doing ab crunches will tone the muscle underneath but there will still be a layer of fat there.

To lose fat you have to work out, and cardio is the most effective way to burn fat, unfortunately doing lots of cardio will also burn muscle (which I'm guessing is your concern).

The only way to burn fat and maintain muscle in key areas is to combine cardio with strength training, backed up by a sensible eating plan.
    This is true, but where i written the words Ab Crunches is also a link, and the link explains the exercises and also diet etc.

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    So if I have a stomach and want to shift it how can I ensure that in attempting to lose weight it will actually come off my stomach and no where else?

Probably a stupid question
    Not a stupid question but if you could work out how to do it you'd become a millionaire.

spot on - circuit training or army-style fitness training is the best way to go

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaBliss View Post
    This is true, but where i written the words Ab Crunches is also a link, and the link explains the exercises and also diet etc.
    Sorry Nirvana not trying to be a smart alec

I have a friend in my running club who runs and does circuit training. He's lost a load of fat, is posting some pretty credible running times (albeit road running) but also has gained muscle.

Circuit training will definately do the trick combined with cardio.

I once did a circuits class led by a current Roayl Marine-i virtually crawled out of there.

Sorry Nirvana not trying to be a smart alec

I have a friend in my running club who runs and does circuit training. He's lost a load of fat, is posting some pretty credible running times (albeit road running) but also has gained muscle.

Circuit training will definately do the trick combined with cardio.

I once did a circuits class led by a current Roayl Marine-i virtually crawled out of there.
    Thats okay sweetheart...

Once i get rid of the stomach ulcer, i can get back to losing weight from my stomach etc, my neice lost her stomach flab after having her baby 4 months ago. From doing circuits and boxercise.

I've found that regular (3-5/week) low intensity (zone 1-2 heart-rate) pre-breakfast runs of 50-60 minutes are really good for shifting lard and for improving running economy.

If anyone finds a miracle please send it to me!
    I have 1 1/2 stone to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight!
    It's like trying to climb Mount Everest at the moment....a long hard slog!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot