Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: James Thorn

James Thorn

WED.AUG 1. SHELFMOOR UP & DOWN FELL RACE (R). AS. 7.30 p.m. 2.5m/1610' from the Royal Oak, Sheffield Road (A57), Glossop (GR 049942). £3 on night only. Teams free. LK/PM. Over 12. Records: 22.46 J. Henegen 2006; f. 27.55 C. McKittrick 2006. Junior races incorporated in main event. Prizes for all categories. Uphill race only - jog back down to start. Details: Des Gibbons, 20 Queens Drive, Glossop, Derbyshire, SK13 8RB. Tel: 01457 864376. Email: [email protected]

Re: Shelfmoor - 01-08-07

I'm afraid there has been some confusion in terms of the exact details posted on the FRA website and here for this race. The correct details are as follows:

WED.AUG 1. JAMES THORN FELL RACE (R). AS. 7.30 p.m. 4m/1600' from the Royal Oak, Sheffield Road (A57), Glossop (GR 049942). £3 on night only. Teams free. LK/PM. Over 14. Details: Des Gibbons, 20 Queens Drive, Glossop, Derbyshire, SK13 8RB. Tel: 01457 864376. Email: [email protected]

Margaret Chippendale
    FRA Fixtures Sec.

Quote Originally Posted by FRAFixtures View Post
    I'm afraid there has been some confusion in terms of the exact details posted on the FRA website and here for this race. The correct details are as follows:

WED.AUG 1. JAMES THORN FELL RACE (R). AS. 7.30 p.m. 4m/1600' from the Royal Oak, Sheffield Road (A57), Glossop (GR 049942). £3 on night only. Teams free. LK/PM. Over 14. Details: Des Gibbons, 20 Queens Drive, Glossop, Derbyshire, SK13 8RB. Tel: 01457 864376. Email: [email protected]

Margaret Chippendale
    FRA Fixtures Sec.
    Thanks Margaret!

As Margaret pointed out this thread should really be called 'James Thorn' rather than 'Shelf Moor' - maybe Brett can change it?

Anyway, a small but select group of athletes assembled outside the Royal Oak at 7.30pm yesterday, put their pints down on the table and ran off up to James Thorn & back again.

It was an excellent route - thanks to Des for putting it on. And thanks to the Lucozade rep for dishing out all the goodies at the end.

Fellmonster completely destroyed a quality field, winning by about 5 minutes (congratulations on the new addition to the family, by the way).

Let's hope a few more turn up for next year's race - put it in your diaries now!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    As Margaret pointed out this thread should really be called 'James Thorn' rather than 'Shelf Moor' - maybe Brett can change it?
    Blimey, Brett - that was quick! Thanks.

FellMonster

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post

congratulations on the new addition to the family, by the way

Let's hope a few more turn up for next year's race - put it in your diaries now!
    Thanks Geoff,and it was nice to have a chat last night....the two little tikes are keeping us busy. Its a wonder I ve any time for anything....

Cracking little race promoted with great enthusiasm. A shame that there seems to have been confusion over the race leading to race numbers being down,......still, as Geoff says...there's always next year!

James's Thorn

I think that this is a new race??? Does anyone have any route information?

Re: James's Thorn

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    I think that this is a new race??? Does anyone have any route information?
    It was also held last year. I remember it well as the Snake Pass was closed, so only 12 people turned up! I'm not that savy with that area to give you a route description, but it's pretty much straight up and down with a little loop round James' Thorn. It's a good race.

Ta Noel, I'll get the map out! I know it's a counter for club fell champs so expect to see some H'firth Harriers there on the night....

If you remember the Shelf Moor Uphill Only race it follows a similar line but comes back down the same way off James Thorn. Great descent. I think Des is replacing the uphill only with this one. Seems a shame not to come back down again!
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...