Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: James Thorn

Re: James Thorn

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Steve, what are the rules about first claim clubs an' all that? As Fell Ponies are not my first claim I would sort of feel obliged to run in Stockport colours in such a prestigious event. Not sure what Daz would feel about that or what the event rules are regarding mixed club teams.
    Judging by the entry list there are lots of mixed club runners. Can't see it being a problem if you enter as Stockport and Daz enters as a Fell Pony. Hope to see you both there, it's a brilliant race, just hope it's a bit clearer this year, didn't see a lot of views last year, especially up Coniston Old Man, couldn't see a bloody thing, just a tent with some brave marshalls appearing out of the clag, wind and rain. Don't let that put you off though:wink:
    Hills and Guinness!

It'll be nice this year, Steve. It's time.

It'll be nice this year, Steve. It's time.
    Job's a good un then, thread crashing over.
    Hills and Guinness!

Master

First time I've run in that area. The climb was a bit long and brutally runnable in parts, wasn't it? I was chuffed with 36th because it represented quite an improvement over Chunal. Racing on consecutive days seems to bring about quite an improvement in performance. I should do it more often then I might sneak into the top half of finishers. Many thanks to Des and helpers for providing the opportunity over the three races, and for organising the weather so expertly. We were lucky today.

Thanks to all for the picture links. They are excellent.
    Nick, good to meet you last weekend and to do battle at 2-oo-3 of the series.
    (Moorfield - to me by a ~1 furlong, and James Thorn - to you by ~2 furlong).
    Congratulations and hats off to those of you who did all three.
    Excellent photo of the series winner Tom J in the pub after, and the others pictures of the courses.
    Nick, well, if you relished the 3-in-3-days series then I think you will enjoy the 3 in 1 day series on Sun Sep 9th (put it in your diary, your Ultra schedule allowing?): Coombs Tor (6.5 miles from Rowarth) at 10:30, Padfield Plum Fair Scamper (5.5 miles at 13:15), and Padfield coal sack race (~200m uphill) at ~16:00. Oh, and there is always the choice to make it 4-in-1-day rather than just 3 (like some of us did last year) by electing to keep running after Coombs, all the way across Monks Road, via Glossop and into Padfield (5-6 miles).....18 miles in total...simples...howz about it?!