Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nuuns or dioralyte?

Re: Nuuns or dioralyte?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
    I use these:

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor...oductId=335251

Cramp in the Uterus muscle has put me in hospital 3 times, but since I started on these 2 years ago, not an iota of cramp. I take one the night before a longish race, one on the morning of it, one during & one after.

Previously discussed this somewhere on here. I use them in road marathons & on long fell races & if it is really sunny.
    Just picked some of these up to try out as I suffer bad with cramp on longer races.

Hope the ankle's ok Linda.

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    Big plus of Nuun is that they taste a hell of a lot better (as long as you avoid the cola!) and so encourage you to drink even when you don't feel like it.
    That's what I think too. They are basically the same thing just one taste's OK. The problem with diarolyte is you only have it when at deaths door so I'm sure you associate the taste with feeling awful. I tried it on the WHW a few times and it just made me feel sick.

Do you think that an electrolyte drink should also have a small percentage of carbohydrates?

well the SIS Go stuff does have carb in it:
    http://www.scienceinsport.com/go.htm

- I'm guessing that's the difference between it and diarolyte and other rehydration powders, that it also gives you a bit of a pep-up

It has Aspartame, i haven't read good things abou it. What about this one? http://www.firstendurance.com/nutrit...=DETAILED_INFO

don't like the Sis stuff due to aspartame - does me in. Both High5 and Torq only use natural ingredients.
    Most the brands do a few sports drinks for instance High5 have isotonic,energy fuel (electrolytes with carbs) and 4:1 (more carbs) depending on what you are doing or need. I tend to only use there Energy Fuel.

Tried both.....Nuuns over Dioralyte any day, echo previous comments re taste, etc....
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

From the High5 products i think only EnergySourceXtreme contains magnesium which prevents cramps, but it also has taurine and caffeine, i would be very sceptical in drinking them. Do you know if Torq products have electrolytes? Because here http://www.torq.ltd.uk/acatalog/TORQ_energy_drinks.html they don't mention anything.

nuun!

Whilst nuun is by a country mile my favourite electrolyte and with my Likeys hat on, it sells incredibly well for us (including the kona Kola flavour and the new Banana flavour) there is now another electrolyte product available for those that dont want any flavour tainting their water.

Elete Water

Elete water comes in liquid form in various sized bottles - from 25ml for the kind of bottle you might feel happy carrying on a run to bigger and bigger bottles for refilling. Also available in tablet form. This is a fairly new product for us so the jury is still out as to how good it is, but so far all the reports back are favourable. I havent tried the tablets, but the liquid version I have tried..... and as expected, the water still tasted just like water...

A load of free single use sample sachets have literally come through the door this morning, so we will be sending these out with all orders until the supply runs out, but if anyone isnt about to place an order, drop me an email (martin at likeys.com) and I will happily put one of these samples in the post to you. I would really appreciate your feedback.

Cheers
    LFW