Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: High Cup Nick Fell Race

Re: High Cup Nick - Feb. 25th

Would just like to thank the organisers of this race. Extremely well marshalled and marked (particularly pertinent for a back of the pack kind of runner like me!) ...the marshalls must have been nithered hanging around on the tops!...... fantastic reception in dufton village hall where locals make you feel very welcome with soup and bread post race plus the fab cake stall! oh and i also like the way that the 171st runner received a prize too so that all members of the field were appreciated! :-)
    and we run because we like it through the broad bright land

a short report - a few photos (of the prizegiving and cake eating) and top twenty results

http://fellrunningbriefs.blogspot.com/2012/02/high-cup-nick.html

t
    hanks Morgz!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    One of my club-mates was heading up to this, but @ (circa) 13:00 was stuck in queuing traffic on the A66.
    He could see Cross Fell in the distance, but wasn't going anywhere at all, his presumption was a RTC causing the hold-up
    It was a portacabin that had fallen off wagon! luckily we set off early so it didn't cause us any problems.

My second running of this race and can I say.....
    WHY IS THIS ROUTE NOT A CHAMPS RACE.

I can honestly say that this is one of the awe inspiring, pretty, stunning routes in the calender, 2 hours there, 2 hours back for 1.15 of racing, If you have never been there or done this race guys put this at the top, the very top of your list you will not regret it.

Good running all the way with a fantastic descent.,

Thankz to Morgz and his team and the cake ladies. the soup was good and the cakes deserve 3*

I'll always travel for this race.

Good to see Stolly and meet Hes, Freckle were you sat next to Hes at the end?

A very fast time for Carl and Helen

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    It was a portacabin that had fallen off wagon! luckily we set off early so it didn't cause us any problems.

I can honestly say that this is one of the awe inspiring, pretty, stunning routes in the calender, 2 hours there, 2 hours back for 1.15 of racing, If you have never been there or done this race guys put this at the top, the very top of your list you will not regret it.

Thankz to Morgz and his team and the cake ladies. the soup was good and the cakes deserve 3*

Echo your sentiments and Erm........yep! twas me:-)
    and we run because we like it through the broad bright land

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    a short report - a few photos (of the prizegiving and cake eating) and top twenty results

http://fellrunningbriefs.blogspot.com/2012/02/high-cup-nick.html

t
    hanks Morgz!
    well looking at the 2nd picture you must have been sat next to me or next but one, i was against the wall next to Dave T, table of forumites to my left(Stolly, Hes, Brent PFR) my hair in bottom left hand corner, i think we chatted briefly.

Ian

Re: High Cup Nick Fell Race

Excellent race again - organisation and marshalling great, and apart from first few seconds after topping out when trying to get legs back, a great descent.

Wondering if anyone found a Montane Featherlite XL jacket - tucked it underwheel arch of mates car before the start and forgot to get it out at the end - needless to say it wasn't there when we got home. Hoping it fell out as we set off. We were parked just up from the toilets on the corner.

This is the Acky club mate,made it through in good time despite the accident on the A66,stunning race as per usual,one of my faves,weather held up again this year.Beat last years time by 4 mins and thats with stopping to take a multitude of photos which can be accessed on my facebook.Attachment 5767Attachment 5771Attachment 5768Attachment 5769Attachment 5770
    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post