Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: High Cup Nick Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
    I've had it pencilled in to attend but am wondering whether a 2hr+ drive solo from Liverpool will be worth it if greeted by disaster weather.
    I'm planning driving up from Warrington - same plan, same thoughts to be honest. Was planning staying up and BG reccie of Leg 3 (gulp) Sunday.
    I don't mind a bit of weather adversity ... but the forecast looks proper biblical. Very wet and very very windy.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgz View Post
    Although it looks like it will be a wet race, it will be worth it for the cakes etc in our village hall! Hope to see you tomorrow. Morgan

Attachment 8630
    Sorry I won't be there Morgz. it has the best view of any race in the country...that from a Yorkshireman

but you'd all be bored waiting for me at the moment, hope to be back next year fit and well.

Great race as always yesterday. Weather nowhere near as bad as forecast which certainly helped! Boggy in the valley and a bit windy on top but not much rain.

In my opinion this is the best fell race route in England outside of the Lake District. The descent just goes on and on (once you get to it).

Many thanks to Morgan and his team for organising.
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

My fragile, semi-injured arse is in.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I'm in for this year, and definitely going a different way to the top of the nick. I've identified a 'short cut' that may be longer, but will avoid the stop/start boulder strewn carry-on at the top of high cup gill, and the scramble up the nick. I'll have to check with Morgan and refuse any sound advice not to go that way, but if it's permitted it's on.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I'm in for this year, and definitely going a different way to the top of the nick. I've identified a 'short cut' that may be longer, but will avoid the stop/start boulder strewn carry-on at the top of high cup gill, and the scramble up the nick. I'll have to check with Morgan and refuse any sound advice not to go that way, but if it's permitted it's on.
    This is on the sunday isn't it?

i thought about it, but going to do Dufton Show the day before instead.

Dufton Show is a brilliant race and show Travs. Have done it a couple of times. I've yet to race High Cup Nick, have only walked it, but wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    Dufton Show is a brilliant race and show Travs. Have done it a couple of times. I've yet to race High Cup Nick, have only walked it, but wouldn't mind giving it a go.
    I'm sure High Cup Nick is a rearranged date this year, because i'm pretty sure it often clashes with the National XC

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    This is on the sunday isn't it?

i thought about it, but going to do Dufton Show the day before instead.
    Do them both, there's free camping in the show field and no doubt everyone will be getting loaded in the village boozer sat night.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Do them both, there's free camping in the show field and no doubt everyone will be getting loaded in the village boozer sat night.
    Its a nice thought... however it will already be my 3rd race in 7 days, then got to look towards the following weekend which is one of my main targets for the entire year....