Thread: Knee problem.

Knee problem.

i knew it was too good to be true! 3 months and no injurys.

i have had a steady knee pain come on over the last week, it's was mostly on the lower left knee but has started to move over to the right today.

Last week it came on gradually whilst running at 7 min miles pace.
    i did rest it for 2 days and raced a 5k on saturday but hardly felt it, fininshed in 18.33 in 6th the race was won in 16.23 some british commenwealth international, can't remember his name!
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Master and MR

Re: Knee problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    i knew it was too good to be true! 3 months and no injurys.

i have had a steady knee pain come on over the last week, it's was mostly on the lower left knee but has started to move over to the right today.

Last week it came on gradually whilst running at 7 min miles pace.
    i did rest it for 2 days and raced a 5k on saturday but hardly felt it, fininshed in 18.33 in 6th the race was won in 16.23 some british commenwealth international, can't remember his name!
    a bit more of rest wont hurt it

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    a bit more of rest wont hurt it
    aye that is true, doubt i have much choice in the matter!

The foothills of the Lake District (English)

I've every sympathy for you penguin. I've been struggling with knee problems since christmas, maily due to thinking they are sorted then going out and doing something supid and they flare up again. The last bout of stupidity was walking the Ennerdale Horseshoe....Case for the prosecution rests! Things are starting to settle down and just started biking again, don't think the trainers will be getting an outing for a while though.
    My only advice I can give is, try to find something you can do that take's your mind off the fact your not running as i found out it tends to make you want to return before you are ready. I found climbing doesn't hurt one bit!! Needless to say the climbing wall has been getting a hammering over the last 3 months..Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
    I've every sympathy for you penguin. I've been struggling with knee problems since christmas, maily due to thinking they are sorted then going out and doing something supid and they flare up again. The last bout of stupidity was walking the Ennerdale Horseshoe....Case for the prosecution rests! Things are starting to settle down and just started biking again, don't think the trainers will be getting an outing for a while though.
    My only advice I can give is, try to find something you can do that take's your mind off the fact your not running as i found out it tends to make you want to return before you are ready. I found climbing doesn't hurt one bit!! Needless to say the climbing wall has been getting a hammering over the last 3 months..Good Luck

erm well i think the phsio will be getting me soon enough booked in for forst torture session..
    it doesn't feel as sore now as it did lasty week, still, i ain't tempted to run on it as i know what happenend to me quad last time..

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Sorry to hear you're injured (again ) Pingu. I've always found that standing on one foot with eyes closed, for say 2mins each foot *2, strengthens my ankles & knees.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.