Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elidir Fawr

Re: Elidir Fawr

Quote Originally Posted by gafrymynydd View Post
    Will be there for this one, will get a few runs in this week as this flu seems to of nearly buggered off :-)

Looking forward to the descent of this one!! hope it's similar to Hebog, or more technical!!
    Will be glad to get back to grass route runing again after Snowdon and the Trial. Cant beat the classic get-together with fellow mountain goats hehe!!
    See you there ;-)
    the descent is not relly that technical,some rocky bits at the summit but on flatish ground.its mostly good paths ,grassy with some rocks thrown in.
    a long steep climb to the summit which feels forever and a long run back down (longer in distance than the ascent) so you need to have fresh legs for the run back,a lot of running left in the race.

Some Pictures of today#s race on:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MenaiTra...eat=directlink

Was thinking of doing this race, after doing Snowdon on the Sat, provided my legs weren't too trashed (which of course is a distinct possibility) - but I now see on the WFRA site that the race has been cancelled.

Can anyone confirm this? I can't find anything on the Eryri Harriers webpage to confirm or deny (although I have to say that it's not the easiest website to navigate and it could well be there...)
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

It's on the Eryri site now, cancelled due to not enough marshalls available.

Thanks, that's a shame, if my legs were able to survive Saturday, it would have been nice to have the option of a 2nd race on the sunday, but never mind.
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club