Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy saying hello!

Re: New guy saying hello!

Welcome!

As i found out a few months ago now, lots of people on here willing to offer freindly advice! Excellent forum!

T

As MT says, you'll be welcome up at Baildon: turn up at the rugby club, Thursdays @ 7.00, all standards catered for. Although traditionally a jogging/road running club, there are lots more of us venturing onto the fells these days.
    I think you're in a great location for fell running, with all the Haworth-based events only 20 minutes away and similarly for Ilkley. It's barely 40 minutes to Calderdale and Wharfedale; and the Lakes, North Yorks Moors, and Peak District are all within an hour and a half.
    'Not-too-severe' starter races include Round Hill (Aug 2), Bingley Show (Aug 9), Norland Moor (Sept 27), and the Bronte Way (Oct 18).

Other local clubs to consider are St Bede's (Esholt), and Idle (probably your nearest club). If you're a prime specimen and aren't bothered about anyone actually speaking to you, there's always Bingley.
    Or of course you could simply join the mighty Fell Ponies - no registration, no fees, just buy a vest or draw a small horse on your chest with a biro.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Amen to that Thof...made to feel very welcome from the get go :-)

Barty, I guess that's especially important if you're a Suffolk-based fellrunner! I love Suffolk, but it's not over-endowed with trig points. The forum gives you an instant sense of community with like-minded idiots.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

:-D I gets a nose bleed and needs oxygen over 200', me!!

Fell in love with the..er....Fells when walking there over several years when younger and was in awe of the runners

How far away is Cromer from you? I did a XC there once, and it was the hilliest XC I've ever done. Lots of up and down on those sea cliffs!

About two hours....there ARE hills in East Anglia but I'm planning to get down to Ivinghoe Beacon and crack on with running up and down Incombe Hole to get some ascent training started