Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charlesworth - Pictures

Re: Charlesworth - Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsnik View Post
    yes, you have a point there.... most of the family seem to want one - any discounts available... eg buy 2 get one free?
    Kids.....
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

I'm probably in a minority of one here, but the more I think about this the more concerned I feel about it.
    A quick glance at the results means that by nature of the number the child is wearing I can tell you that the child pictured on page one of this thread is XXXXXX XXXXXXXX of XXXXXXX club. A second quick internet search tells me exactly when and where X club trains meaning if I was suitably perverted I now know precisely when and where to go and find that child and can commence my grooming process.
    It may be unsavory to think about but there are such vile individuals in our society
    UK athletics child welfare policy states that photography at events should be licensed by the event organiser.
    How about a password protected site so only bona fide folk can access the photos of the kids?
    http://www.physiobench.com
    online physio treatment and advice

Quote Originally Posted by janeho View Post
    I'm probably in a minority of one here, but the more I think about this the more concerned I feel about it.
    A quick glance at the results means that by nature of the number the child is wearing I can tell you that the child pictured on page one of this thread is XXXXXX XXXXXXXX of XXXXXXX club. A second quick internet search tells me exactly when and where X club trains meaning if I was suitably perverted I now know precisely when and where to go and find that child and can commence my grooming process.
    It may be unsavory to think about but there are such vile individuals in our society
    UK athletics child welfare policy states that photography at events should be licensed by the event organiser.
    How about a password protected site so only bona fide folk can access the photos of the kids?
    As I said before, if you want a picture of your child removing, tell me and I will remove it.

I'm at a loss to see what is pervy about any of those images of children I have taken, or any other for that matter. They are all fully clad.

A password protected site is completely impractical. How am I to know who should have access to it, and who shouldn't.

I've got loads of pictures of my children online, and have had for some years. A quick search on the internet and you can work out which school / kindergarten they both go to.

They haven't been abducted yet.

@janeho

If you are that concerned that your child is going to be groomed by some perv, then statistics give a good likelihood that your child was actually in the same space as one on Saturday. There were hundreds of people there. So better that your child doesn't partake in races in public places maybe.

They don't just inhabit the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by richpips View Post

I'm at a loss to see what is pervy about any of those images of children I have taken, or any other for that matter. They are all fully clad.
    I never suggested that there was anything whatsoever incorrect about your photos. As I said in my initial post I actually think that your photo of my daughter is a very good one.
    My comments were not personally directed to you, and I would prefer it if you did not direct comments to me personally either.
    My thoughts are around general child protection issues, which is something that we as a sporting community with a junior section we are surely all interested in.
    In hindsight I should of posted my comments on a new thread in the junior or general forum, rather that seeming that they are aimed at one photographer which they are not.
    All I am saying id that children are frequently and publically advised not to disclose their full name or location on the internet and yet here we are providing that information in a couple of easy clicks.
    http://www.physiobench.com
    online physio treatment and advice

Quote Originally Posted by janeho View Post
    I never suggested that there was anything whatsoever incorrect about your photos. As I said in my initial post I actually think that your photo of my daughter is a very good one.
    My comments were not personally directed to you, and I would prefer it if you did not direct comments to me personally either.
    My thoughts are around general child protection issues, which is something that we as a sporting community with a junior section we are surely all interested in.
    In hindsight I should of posted my comments on a new thread in the junior or general forum, rather that seeming that they are aimed at one photographer which they are not.
    All I am saying id that children are frequently and publically advised not to disclose their full name or location on the internet and yet here we are providing that information in a couple of easy clicks.
    You started your original post with a comment directed at me. I merely continued the dialogue.

Whilst obviously child protection is obviously an important area, a photo be it taken by me or another photographer in a public place can be posted on the internet or elsewhere without anyones permission as has already been stated.

:Fact:

Quote Originally Posted by richpips View Post
    You started your original post with a comment directed at me. I merely continued the dialogue.

Whilst obviously child protection is obviously an important area, a photo be it taken by me or another photographer in a public place can be posted on the internet or elsewhere without anyones permission as has already been stated.

:Fact:
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should (and I'm a photographer too). You need to ask yourself why your posting the picture, own site for a photographer, related (sports in this case) sites (FRA, UK Athletics etc) fine - but there are a number of people posting images outside these areas for no real/useful reason and that is often what rubs people up the wrong way.

At the end of the day, its the organiser who put numbers on the results that has put those individuals at a very small risk no the photographer. I often see events on non-public areas try to stop people taking photos on "child safety" grounds, yet then give out peoples info without a second thought

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Asquith View Post
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should (and I'm a photographer too). You need to ask yourself why your posting the picture, own site for a photographer, related (sports in this case) sites (FRA, UK Athletics etc) fine - but there are a number of people posting images outside these areas for no real/useful reason and that is often what rubs people up the wrong way.
    I put pictures up because a) I'm a fellrunner who enjoys taking pictures of people of all ages participating in a sport I love. b) because people want to buy my fell running pictures. For those who think and "a" and "b" should be the other way around be assured that I make loads more taking pictures for other events / magazines, than I do of fell races.

This is a heck of a shame, as I think these photos are fantastic, but parental permission should always be obtainted before taking photos of kids and particularly before putting them on the Internet.

I am not having a go at you richpips, this is something the whole fellrunning community needs to address - you never know which children may be on the child protection register, trying to escape domestic abuse etc. etc.

A photographer would not just be able to turn up at my school's sports day and take photos, so do we need to be more careful at fell races??

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    This is a heck of a shame, as I think these photos are fantastic, but parental permission should always be obtainted before taking photos of kids and particularly before putting them on the Internet.

I am not having a go at you richpips, this is something the whole fellrunning community needs to address - you never know which children may be on the child protection register, trying to escape domestic abuse etc. etc.

A photographer would not just be able to turn up at my school's sports day and take photos, so do we need to be more careful at fell races??
    I understand you are not having a go at me. I am merely the defender for the photographer's corner.

It is not a shame. What has happened?

Janeho theorised that with a bit of homework some nut job could identify a child. Which though theoretically true, I can't find any evidence on google that has happened in any walk of life.

As for a child on the protection register, it is unlikely that he or she is going to be entered by his or her parents in a fell race?

As for the sports day thing, I guess it's up to the individual school, but I've taken pictures at both of my kids sports days this year, some of which are up on the net.