Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Junior Races

Re: Best Junior Races

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    It is a short race though. Like you said BOFRA like. Im not denying it was hard but for all purposes perhaps is should have said BOFRA instead of short. But for a race with 1600ft of climb it is undeniably quite short
    yeh you are right but you will have to do the course next year to find out what the "beast" has to offer
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Master

The beast. I do a run that is 1.8 miles 1300ft of ascent now that is a beast. Dont think it will ever be a race though as it passes through a farmers land. He doesnt mind though. But i could get a 1.1 mile 1400ft up and course in
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

The beast. I do a run that is 1.8 miles 1300ft of ascent now that is a beast. Dont think it will ever be a race though as it passes through a farmers land. He doesnt mind though. But i could get a 1.1 mile 1400ft up and course in
    sound good to me
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Master

We should organise a junior race . It would be perfect, steep but flat, boggy but dry, traily but tussocky, short nbut long

We should organise a junior race . It would be perfect, steep but flat, boggy but dry, traily but tussocky, short nbut long
    great idea

Master

easy but hard

Master

ive made a change with hindsight

1)Coiners
    2)Ingleborough
    3)Scald Law
    4)Anniversary Waltz
    5)Rivington Pike

About 3 miles from me then. So did it go up and round the trig point. The saddleworth races are really good and well worth a thought as an FRA championships.Shepherds Skyline is another nice route.
    Its a corker but too late on in the year
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Clash City Rocker View Post
    Its a corker but too late on in the year
    I dont agree that all the english junior championships should be over the 6 months. My highly personalised idea in an idealistic world would be a 12 race series. 4 Bofra like races steep and short, 4 average races such as saddleworth/coiners, 4-longer and quicker races i.e. Ingleborough. Logistically very difficult to organise and im not gonna critiscise the current format as a lot of people work very hard to keep it going

I dont agree that all the english junior championships should be over the 6 months. My highly personalised idea in an idealistic world would be a 12 race series. 4 Bofra like races steep and short, 4 average races such as saddleworth/coiners, 4-longer and quicker races i.e. Ingleborough. Logistically very difficult to organise and im not gonna critiscise the current format as a lot of people work very hard to keep it going
    Keeping the races to the "summer months" is in my opinion a good idea and offers some guarantee of good weather. It may be OK for you a sa 16 year old to brave the elements at a winter race but for 6 year olds its a very different matter. Turning out in winter places more responsibility on the shoulders of RO's who would have to cancel a lot more races on the grounds of safety. Undoubtedly that would lead to angry parents and upset children who had travelled for hours to find the race had been cancelled. You and I would say fair enough I understand your position and I am glad you have taken the decision to protect my child whereas parents who cant even run for a bus would and do become confrontational and abusive.
    Its also very hard to maintain a decent race fitness across a full year so a shorter race season is good. There are of course good junior races throughout the year anyway
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"