Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: overseas races

Re: European MM's?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpes de Provence View Post
    Hello, I am living in the french alps. there's a couple of trails happening in my valley; http://www.traildesmelezes.fr/ and some others. If you are interested I can give you
    more information about the organization and accomodation. Bye Xtine
    Hi Xtine

I'll be staying near Morzine last week in July first 2 weeks in August, Any thing happening it that area that might tweek my interest?

Hello Ian,
    Morzine is close to Geneva and if you look at the map you'll realize that I live far way down the Alps. I doubt you'll be interested driving hours through the Alps to joins us. On the subjet of races, yes there are
    3 races, the hardest in 2011 will be 'Le Cross d'Allos", end of July. During this race there are 2 levels : 15 K and 28 K
    In 2012 the "Trail des Mélèzes" will be happening in the Mercantour National Park. This trail will occur
    every couple of years. There are also 2 levels during this race : 25 K and over 50 K. Theres's over 1200 meters difference in level (high).
    If you love hiking there are so many mountains to climb here. You can ask "Alexandra", she comes here
    every year and she loves it. She is the one who told me about Fellrunners.
    Bye Xtine

Quote Originally Posted by Alpes de Provence View Post
    Hello Ian,
    Morzine is close to Geneva and if you look at the map you'll realize that I live far way down the Alps. I doubt you'll be interested driving hours through the Alps to joins us. On the subjet of races, yes there are
    3 races, the hardest in 2011 will be 'Le Cross d'Allos", end of July. During this race there are 2 levels : 15 K and 28 K
    In 2012 the "Trail des Mélèzes" will be happening in the Mercantour National Park. This trail will occur
    every couple of years. There are also 2 levels during this race : 25 K and over 50 K. Theres's over 1200 meters difference in level (high).
    If you love hiking there are so many mountains to climb here. You can ask "Alexandra", she comes here
    every year and she loves it. She is the one who told me about Fellrunners.
    Bye Xtine
    Thanks Xtine, I realised you were further south but you are still nearer to Morzine than me

If you do hear of any thing nearer then please let me know.

Thanks
    Ian

I see the Tour des Melezes is a qualifier for the UTMB (presumably the longer version only).
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post

I'll be staying near Morzine last week in July first 2 weeks in August, Any thing happening it that area that might tweek my interest?
    Ian,
    There's this 21 or 42k race in Avoriaz which is just up the road from Morzine. It looks as if it's on in mid-August, so you might be heading back then.

Then there's this which generally takes place in the first week of August. It's in Passy, about 30 miles from Morzine. There are two races, a 28k one and a 63k one.

There's also this 15k race in Abondance, which is about 15 miles from Morzine.

Finally there's a 15k race called l'Almette in a place called Le Reposoir, which is about 25 miles from Morzine.

This is the 2010 calendar which could give you an idea of what might be happening in 2011, though a lot of the websites haven't been updated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Feet in the Cowclaps View Post
    Ian,
    There's this 21 or 42k race in Avoriaz which is just up the road from Morzine. It looks as if it's on in mid-August, so you might be heading back then.

Then there's this which generally takes place in the first week of August. It's in Passy, about 30 miles from Morzine. There are two races, a 28k one and a 63k one.

There's also this 15k race in Abondance, which is about 15 miles from Morzine.

Finally there's a 15k race called l'Almette in a place called Le Reposoir, which is about 25 miles from Morzine.

This is the 2010 calendar which could give you an idea of what might be happening in 2011, though a lot of the websites haven't been updated yet.
    Cheers FITC thats brilliant, I think this holiday will be better than I expected.
    Last edited by IanDarkpeak; 23-11-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Hi Matthew
    I can not recomend this personally but it looks fun. The Björkliden Arctic Mountain Marathon http://www.bamm.nu/index.php?lang=en&page=competition

Has this thread been moved from "Long distance challenges"? If so, why? Don't mountain marathons count as fell running?
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

why are mountain marathons called like this?
    they are not marathon and they are not in the mountains (Dartmoor, for example).
    confusing, isn't it...?

Quote Originally Posted by sbrt View Post
    Hi Matthew
    I can not recomend this personally but it looks fun. The Björkliden Arctic Mountain Marathon http://www.bamm.nu/index.php?lang=en&page=competition
    That definitely looks interesting. Mmm... It looks rather beautiful and I am a fan of Scandinavia.