Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ras Yr Aran

In a similar vein to the Seven Seven's post, entries for this British Champs race opened yesterday, and well over 250 places already gone.

So if you want in, then don't hang about...!

I'm in
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Think I may have identified you on the start list...! --- -------

possibly the same --- ------- who 'liked' my facebook post when I absolutely slated that guy who suggested fell race entry should be restricted to locals only, to save on carbon emissions...!

Doing a few of the 'classic' medium Welsh races this year for the first time... Aran, Cader Idris, Moelwyns, Foel Fras, Trefriw Mill, amongst others...

10 out of 10 for your detective skills Travs, although I've not tried to hide my identity.
    I'm planning on doing some longer races this year but am struggling with previous race evidence as last winter I did no races due to injury/illness.
    I am currently on the pre selection list for Long Mynd Valleys and sweating as to whether my Tour of Pendle of 2yrs ago and my 38th place at last years Wrekin Wrecker will be enough to get an invite.

If so, I'll see you there!

My understanding of the qualifying regulations is that the Wrekin Wrecker alone would be sufficient.

Have a similar situation with my young club-mate who wants to do the race... he’s only done Lee Mill Relay and Cardington Cracker.... the Cracker should be sufficient for him... I have advised him to think carefully about entering the Valleys as it’s a whole different kettle of fish, but he’s still keen, and he’s a grown adult so I can only give him my opinions...

See you at the Valleys...!

I can’t make this race. If anyone would like my entry please get in touch.

This urgent information has been posted on Facebook:

Urgent Ras yr Aran Information

Covid 19 - Instructions for athletes

At present the Government has not ordered nor advised the abandonment of outdoor sporting activities of our size so the race will continue.

However it is important that we take as many precautions as we can to prevent the spread of the virus to fellow runner, officials or the local community through our activities. Please refer to PHE advice

You should NOT attend the race if

• You are feverish and have symptoms of respiratory infection cough cold shortness of breath ( this is sensible whatever the cause of your illness)
    • You have been directly advised to self isolate, or is in a group that the government has advised to self isolate.
    • You think you have been in close contact with someone who has has the virus, or if you think you may have it

People can have the virus and feel well so there may still be people coming who has it.
    To minimise the chances of contamination please remember

• Follow hand washing advice.
    • Avoid unnecessary physical contact (!)
    • Not to bunch up if queuing for any reason
    • If the weather is fit stay outside as much as you can, don’t congregate around registration or any lists.
    • If you arrive early consider returning to your car til warm up time.

We will try to make the flow of people through the number pick up as smooth as possible.
    Subject to weather the presentations will be outside. We will try to keep them brief.
    We will not be offended if those who are confident in their disappointment wish to go home without attending the prize giving.
    We can post their prize on to any winners who don't wish to stay.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Looking forward to this tomorrow. The starting line up must be one of the highest quality I've ever been in...

Never got higher than 180th in an English/Champs race. Wonder if the current situation will put a few off and i'll be able to sneak up the placings a little...!

@Manx Legs, I'm interested in your bib, if it's still available and swaps allowed.
    Last edited by Simo Caps; 13-03-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Looks like we might have a decent weather window tomorrow lunchtime in Llanuwchllyn!