Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ras Yr Aran

Master and MR

Re: Ras Yr Aran

a lovely setting for a fell race
    3 days into a cold and didnt run at all well , although i kept plodding iwas slow slow slow up the fell. should have ran it in just my vest as i to overheated wuth the helly on .
    not sure even what place i came , loved the rough parts comin down and managed to pass a local eryri runner.
    nice to meet you iain r and got talking a bit to yiannis at the start.
    yiannis looking at your battered walshs i think my 4 yr old 3 times re soled ones will be coming out of retirement .
    thanks andy for today, good call that we went

Master and MR

ps i bet the aran lambs hate the race coming round dont they

Ahh were you in the yellow jacket? yeah we were together for most of the way. TBF I reckon I descended OK, you were going well, and the arm didn't hold me back, you just shot past me and put quite a gap on me, which was maintained until that large style over the wall.

It closed up towards the end before that rise, but then everyone seemed to find another gear and I was left on my own, I fancied catching Tim H but everytime I caught him I bloody fell over, then finally got past him with a k to go and he went again and I dropped off.

good thing was I fell over 3 times today, once yesterday and the arm held up, so seems it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    ps i bet the aran lambs hate the race coming round dont they
    My wife only ran that race to win the series and get her half lamb, so she jogged around knowing she had 2o odd minutes in the bag, she's quit racing seriously for at least this year for non-running reasons, but wanted to get the meat being a typical aussie lass.

Ahh were you in the yellow jacket? yeah we were together for most of the way. TBF I reckon I descended OK, you were going well, and the arm didn't hold me back, you just shot past me and put quite a gap on me, which was maintained until that large style over the wall.

It closed up towards the end before that rise, but then everyone seemed to find another gear and I was left on my own, I fancied catching Tim H but everytime I caught him I bloody fell over, then finally got past him with a k to go and he went again and I dropped off.

good thing was I fell over 3 times today, once yesterday and the arm held up, so seems it's OK
    Yeah that was me,had a blue/white buff on as well.Made about 5 places on way down,pleased with that.That one short climb near the end had me blowing a bit,and i seemed to get shin deep in every bog on way down which gave me some serious jelly legs.I recognised your wife first(picture on the running blog link you gave me) and saw you with her in the pub.2+2=4
    Glad your arms ok.

Master and MR

was someone taking pictures
    oh and it was nice to see daleside

Results now at www.run-meirionnydd.co.uk.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    a lovely setting for a fell race
    3 days into a cold and didnt run at all well , although i kept plodding iwas slow slow slow up the fell. should have ran it in just my vest as i to overheated wuth the helly on .
    not sure even what place i came , loved the rough parts comin down and managed to pass a local eryri runner.
    nice to meet you iain r and got talking a bit to yiannis at the start.
    yiannis looking at your battered walshs i think my 4 yr old 3 times re soled ones will be coming out of retirement .
    thanks andy for today, good call that we went
    Daz,
    Those were my good Walshes, they only had one re-sole!!
    Yiannis

just re-cycling this thread for 2009 (Sat. 21st March), as seems to have some good info

looking like my next race - anybody else attending...?

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    just re-cycling this thread for 2009 (Sat. 21st March), as seems to have some good info

looking like my next race - anybody else attending...?
    I'll be staying closer to home that weekend and doing Lad's Leap from Crowden on the Sunday. You could always do both.

Having said that, Ras Yr Aran is a great race.