Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Herod Farm Hill race

Re: Herod Farm Hill race

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Are you a Teacher?
    Can't you tell?

Herod Farm Race 2008

As the change in the clocks signify the start of those wonderful long evenings on the fells - first of the local peak summer midweek races

Herod Farm Fell Race

Full details on the Glosopdale Harriers website (club races link at the top)
    When Wednesday 16th April 2008
    Where At the Drovers pub where Primrose Lane branches off the A624. From 6:30pm (SK 033929).
    Cost Entry fee £3
    Start time 7:30pm (register on the night)
    Start Location Up the track off Primrose Lane 2 minutes from The Drovers pub
    Parking

Limited roadside parking on Primrose Lane.
    Also at Reliance Garage which is about 2 minutes (north-west) along Primrose Lane.
    Race Organizer Andy Wilkins
    Records

Male: 2007 Lloyd Taggart 22.19
    Female: 2007 Natalie White 26.34

two toenails

Re: Herod Farm Race 2008

This was going to be part of our club's championship but it has been changed to a ROAD race. That's PANTS. Still a great club though! Will be attending Herod Farm along with a few other fellies. Saw the famous SWOOP today. Looks just like his picture.

A warm welcome awaits you at this cracking little race, which is just the tonic to rejuvenate tired legs and bruised bodies after the Kinder Downfall!

Just a note about the course folks - please note that on the first climb we will again be using the 'new' route which takes the public right of way through Herod Farm.

You'll possibly be aware that Herod Farm is now a private residence, and is no longer a working farm. The new owners have replaced fencing and stiles, and now have an automatically controlled gate on the entrance driveway, up which we run, to what was the farmyard. This gate CANNOT be opened manually. The new owners were very cooperative last year, and we have again asked if the gate can be opened by them for the duration of the race, but, if for any reason, you find that the gate is still closed during the race then you MUST use the step stile to the left hand side of the gate. A marshall will be positioned here to keep an eye on things. The gate and fences must not be climbed!

Once through the gate (or over the stile as appropriate) the race route passes in front of the house, and then takes a right turn a few yards after the house up a track to the exit stile from its grounds, where there will be another marshall.

That's about it, all I need to do now is try and fix some decent weather for Wednesday evening!

I hope you all have a great run!

Werdna

see you all there

Quote Originally Posted by two toenails View Post
    This was going to be part of our club's championship but it has been changed to a ROAD race. That's PANTS.
    Didn't know there were any roads around Herod Farm. Isn't it a bit steep for that?

Looking forward to it. I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Didn't know there were any roads around Herod Farm. Isn't it a bit steep for that?

Looking forward to it. I'll be there.
    Which reminds me - the new owners have put a tarmac surface on the last steep section of the track leading up to Herod Farm itself!

By the way, did I imagine it or were you wearing a Pennine vest yesterday at Kinder Downfall?

Werdna

Master and MR

im so tempted

Werdna,
    Good luck for the race on Wednesday - kinda wish I was still around to do this one!

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Werdna Swilnik View Post
    By the way, did I imagine it Marvin or were you wearing a Pennine vest yesterday at Kinder Downfall?
    I think he moved during the Transfer Window!