Thread: "FELLRUNNER" magazines wanted

"FELLRUNNER" magazines wanted

"Fellrunner" magazines wanted 2002-2006 (a good read). Can collect by bus/train anywhere within reach of Leeds

Re: "FELLRUNNER" magazines wan

Quote Originally Posted by Alex White View Post
    "Fellrunner" magazines wanted 2002-2006 (a good read). Can collect by bus/train anywhere within reach of Leeds
    Hi Alex, I have the magazines your after, pm me your address and phone no and I,ll drop them off. Steve C.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Is this ready for November, will there be fireworks, can I come I live nearby - I can bring sausages and parkin. Bet they will burn well!

Steve, I tried to send you a message, but am not sure it arrived, my computer using skills are even worse than my running. My email is: [email protected].

As regards the suggestion that I want the magazines to burn them, I am very glad to see that FRA members have no training in book burning. It is actually extremely difficult, you really need to tear the pages out one by one and scrumple them up first. And even then I doubt the covers would go.

Purely out of academic interest; I have all copies of the Fell Runner Magazine from January 1984 to the present. What would the market value be for the job lot?

Thanks to Steve C I now have most of the magazines I wanted, but am still seeking all of 2003 + Feb. 2004. The latter I specially want as it has an article on over-70 fell runners - being now 67 myself I REALLY want to read this.

As to the value of a complete set, surely the most valuable would be the earlier A5 magazines with the very rude cartoons about Hoss Naylor and Belly Band (the pantomine horse). Much as I love the brilliant photos in today's "Fellrunner"s, I can't help feeling the pre-photography issues were the very best.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Thanks to Steve C I now have most of the magazines I wanted, but am still seeking all of 2003 + Feb. 2004. The latter I specially want as it has an article on over-70 fell runners - being now 67 myself I REALLY want to read this.

As to the value of a complete set, surely the most valuable would be the earlier A5 magazines with the very rude cartoons about Hoss Naylor and Belly Band (the pantomine horse). Much as I love the brilliant photos in today's "Fellrunner"s, I can't help feeling the pre-photography issues were the very best.
    I find the later ones give a better standard of cat litter