Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinabalu

Re: Kinabalu

Good luck all competing i know sam watson has gone with ricky lightfoot,nick swinburn and tom cornthwait england have some top athletes including rob jebb,ricky lightfoot and tom owens. id say kilian jornet will win though, or rob jebb, agusti roc,ricardo mejita could all take it. http://www.mudsweatandtears.co.uk/20...ies-concludes/
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

good luck crowhill,eat the mountain!!

Super Moderator

That photo on MST looks amazing. Must be some race!
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Ricky Lightfoot 10th
    Nick Swinburn 11th
    Tom Cornthwaite 23rd
    Josh Tighe 43rd

They are the only results I know atm!
    "I train very hard, until I am sick. Sometimes I train like a foolish man who has no mind." -Hicham el-Guerrouj

Kilian jornet winner by about 5 mins and the 2009 sky running champion for the 2nd year running excellent result to say he only in his early 20s i think hes 22
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Ricky took 3rd overall in the World Series.

Having walked up Mount Kinabalu a few years ago (well, about 20 actually) and before my running days, I so want to do this race. It must be sooooo tough. Well done to everyone who took part this year.

I recall there are some ropes near the summit to help walkers - what do the runners do here? Is it straight up and down the rock?

hello from malaysia!
    i can honestly say that is the toughest thing i've done and walking around today we're all struggling walking with any gradient, even stepping up and down from roadside curbs!
    marvin - the race follows the main track you will have taken when walking, following the rope to the summit. as you will know it's silly steep in places, and at one point on the way down it's easier to use the rope to abseil down the rock!

Quote Originally Posted by tomcee View Post
    hello from malaysia!
    i can honestly say that is the toughest thing i've done and walking around today we're all struggling walking with any gradient, even stepping up and down from roadside curbs!
    marvin - the race follows the main track you will have taken when walking, following the rope to the summit. as you will know it's silly steep in places, and at one point on the way down it's easier to use the rope to abseil down the rock!
    Thanks tomcee. Well done on completing it, and in 23rd place???? Wow! So how do you manage on the roped section when people are wanting to go up and down at the same time? Did you have any problems passing walkers?
    Last edited by Marvin; 26-10-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcee View Post
    hello from malaysia!
    Well done Tom - see you soon - at Liverpool?