Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: New mudclaws

Re: New mudclaws

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    Which is what?
    If you dont know, you most certainly are an insider looking in.
    The Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Scott View Post
    There are lessons to be learnt from the current change of opinion in the support and cushioning that road racing shoes give.
    May be this will enlighten you to our thinking............

Insider,
    With innov8 modifying the heel cup because so many runners got heel blisters (me being one of them), does this mean that there is an acknowledgement that it was a design fault? If so, can I now take my mudrocs back to the shop and say that there is a fault with them, that being them causing an abnormal amount of heel blisters?
    I do have the new ones (mudclaws), and have not had any blisters from them.
    Thanks,
    Lee

p.s. on another matter, do you think, in your opinion, it would be possible to use x-talon for the Yorkshireman off-road marathon?

Quote Originally Posted by five times View Post
    Insider,
    With innov8 modifying the heel cup because so many runners got heel blisters (me being one of them), does this mean that there is an acknowledgement that it was a design fault? If so, can I now take my mudrocs back to the shop and say that there is a fault with them, that being them causing an abnormal amount of heel blisters?
    Thanks,
    Lee

p.s. on another matter, do you think, in your opinion, it would be possible to use x-talon for the Yorkshireman off-road marathon?
    for the yorkshireman off road my personal choice would be a roclite 305 as it endurance rubber compound and sufficient amounts of cushioning with a 4 arrow which means maximum cushioning as there is alot of the yourkshireman on roads and hard bridleways more info http://www.inov-8.com/Products-Detai...6&P=5050973178
    more info on roclites http://www.inov-8.com/Traction-Soles.asp?SID=5&L=26
    Unique Fascia-Band sole design.
    Good stability.
    Lightweight regsitered design.
    Available in both Sticky and Endurance rubber inov-8 sole compound.
    Excellent mixed off road terrain performance.
    Graded sole depth and cleat sizes.
    Contoured profile provides sure footed placement.
    Excellent grip relative to wear properties.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by five times View Post
    Insider,
    Thanks,
    Lee

Lee
    I wouldn't agree that it was a design fault, not everyone who bought our shoes had problems.
    The Mudroc was our original shoe which came out in Autumn 2003 and was voted the best fell shoe .
    Obviously we have had some customers who the shoe wasn't right for, we listened to our customers like we always do and " tweaked" a couple of things to give an improved product.
    Infact we are constantly looking at and reviewing all our products to see how we can improve things, it doesn't mean they are faulty.

As for the X-Talon its a ultralight weight, 2 cushion, sticky rubber studded sole. It al depends what you want or expect from your shoes, if your use to a low profile shoe.
    Personally I wouldn't have a problem with them on the Yorkshire off road marathon but you and I are different.
    Last edited by Inov-8 Insider; 12-08-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    for the yorkshireman off road my personal choice would be a roclite 305 as it endurance rubber compound and sufficient amounts of cushioning with a 4 arrow which means maximum cushioning as there is alot of the yourkshireman on roads and hard bridleways more info http://www.inov-8.com/Products-Detai...6&P=5050973178
    more info on roclites http://www.inov-8.com/Traction-Soles.asp?SID=5&L=26
    Unique Fascia-Band sole design.
    Good stability.
    Lightweight regsitered design.
    Available in both Sticky and Endurance rubber inov-8 sole compound.
    Excellent mixed off road terrain performance.
    Graded sole depth and cleat sizes.
    Contoured profile provides sure footed placement.
    Excellent grip relative to wear properties.
    I'm going to do recce on sat and will wear adidas kandadia, also will probably wear them for the race itself. I was just curious about the x-talons, as they feel quite cushioned. I've been looking at the roclite 305, 315 and 320 and might invest in a pair when my adidas have had their day (although I only paid £30 for them). I'm glad you've mentioned that the 305 is a four cushioned shoe as I always thought it was a three, like the 315.

Super Moderator

Roclite 305 or 315 would be good for YORM or cushioned road-shoes if its dry
    Poacher turned game-keeper

[QUOTE=Inov-8 Insider;246125]Lee
    I wouldn't agree that it was a design fault, not everyone who bought our shoes had problems.
    The Mudroc was our original shoe which came out in Autumn 2003 and was voted the best fell shoe .
    Obviously we have had some customers who the shoe wasn't right for, we listened to our customers like we always do and " tweaked" a couple of things to give an improved product.
    Infact we are constantly looking at and reviewing all our products to see how we can improve things, it doesn't mean they are faulty.

It's unusually high, the number of people I've met who've had problems with them. But from what you say, all they really needed was for them to be "tweaked". The new, "tweaked" version are much better. I've actually given the mudroc to a friend and he gets on with them fine. I do understand that you listen to your customers to try to improve your shoes. It's a shame they weren't tweaked before I bought mine in 2009! I'm just bitter about having to spend so much on so many pairs of trainers, to try to find a shoe that is best for my feet.

[QUOTE=five times;246119]Insider,
    With innov8 modifying the heel cup because so many runners got heel blisters (me being one of them), does this mean that there is an acknowledgement that it was a design fault?

The corporate w**k word is 'continuous improvement'

Be very careful about buying the Mark 1 version of anything.