Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruised toe/knacked toenail

Bruised toe/knacked toenail

Morning all

Now whilst my Roclite 315s have been very comfortable so far (nearly 40 miles run without any bother), I have managed to bruise the second toe in from my little toe on my right foot.

I know I'll lose the nail as it went purple v quickly and I let the blood out from underneath, to releive pressure, but now it is giving me a small bit of bother. I taped it up when running last night, but have found that too much tape causes pressure when in everyday shoes.

Any help or suggestions from forumites?

Ta muchly

Barty

Banned

Re: Bruised toe/knacked toenai

Quote Originally Posted by Barty View Post
    Morning all

Now whilst my Roclite 315s have been very comfortable so far (nearly 40 miles run without any bother), I have managed to bruise the second toe in from my little toe on my right foot.

I know I'll lose the nail as it went purple v quickly and I let the blood out from underneath, to releive pressure, but now it is giving me a small bit of bother. I taped it up when running last night, but have found that too much tape causes pressure when in everyday shoes.

Any help or suggestions from forumites?

Ta muchly

Barty

Im afraid blackened toes are just part of fell/off road running, you can go months/years without ever catching a nail but then while wearing same shoes you catch one.

Try to keep your nails trimmed and ensure socks arent catching.
    If you do "lift" or bang the nail against the front of your shoes and it goes black get a very fine drill bit and drill through the nail to relieve the pressure.

Welcome to the( black toe) club

3 nails from my left foot are missing starting from the big toe! The only consulation I have is the shite weather means no one will see there as I won't have to wear flip flops!

i lost 6 toenails on this years three peaks

From one foot???

Banned

Love it, made me laugh

If I look quickly at your avatar it seems to have six toes - are you related?

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    Im afraid blackened toes are just part of fell/off road running, you can go months/years without ever catching a nail but then while wearing same shoes you catch one.

Try to keep your nails trimmed and ensure socks arent catching.
    If you do "lift" or bang the nail against the front of your shoes and it goes black get a very fine drill bit and drill through the nail to relieve the pressure.

Welcome to the( black toe) club
    When get this and i can feel the fluid building underneath the nail, the pressure gets too much and i have to let it out. Also, i love it when it flies out from under there - strangely satisfying. Yes i know that makes me weird. Rather than get the drill out (!) i just lift the nail slightly and gently push a freshly disinfected needle under. Keep pushing tiny bit by tiny bit until whoooosh, the liquid gushes out. A well aimed shot at a loved one is NOT a good idea, despite being very funny.

i lost my left big toe nail recently, i have a weird sense of satisfaction when the whole nail eventually comes off with a nice little pull
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

Hee Hee,

Not been on the forum for months, but this thread makes me realise what i've been missing!

Just got meself a blackened big toe and nail as a result of dropping a bloody aerosol can on it whilst putting away the shopping!!.......it's agony and am now walking around barefoot avoiding the stairs and the kids for fear of stubbing it or the kids standing on it.

Got to go to work tommorrow and am dreading putting shoes on!

I remember going to casualty years ago with a blackened thumbnail.......it hurt so much I couldnt sleep, went to casualty in the middle of the night and the casualty doctor straightened out a paper clip, heated it up with his lighter and pushed it through the nail to relieve the pressure! I couldnt quite believe what he ahd done but it certainly worked!