Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crow Hill Reverse

Re: Crow Hill Reverse

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Peep View Post
    See you on registration. Say hello. If you want to.
    Hello
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Master

Nice recovery run tonight. Shame not to be closer to 40 minutes but looking for a sub 40 at the saddleworth six tomorrow. Possiblythe best descent in a fell race
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

A great evening, I think went ok?
    Many many thanks to all my wonderful volunteers, without you it wouldn't have taken place (and I'd have thrown my toys out of the pram, not for the first time!). You're all fantastic.
    Thanks fellow fellies for your continued support in entering the race, another worthwhile reason for me getting stressed out!
    Any feedback on the reverse route/my organisation much appreciated!
    Fellow forumites, make yourselves known next time!
    Results to Brett in the morning.
    Thanks all, you're the reason why it's great to put on a race (especially now I'm at home chilled!).
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    A great evening, I think went ok?
    Many many thanks to all my wonderful volunteers, without you it wouldn't have taken place (and I'd have thrown my toys out of the pram, not for the first time!). You're all fantastic.
    Thanks fellow fellies for your continued support in entering the race, another worthwhile reason for me getting stressed out!
    Any feedback on the reverse route/my organisation much appreciated!
    Fellow forumites, make yourselves known next time!
    Results to Brett in the morning.
    Thanks all, you're the reason why it's great to put on a race (especially now I'm at home chilled!).
    i was the one in the calder valley vest with the cool sunglasses, starting a bit firther down the road would stop the back upon the hill

Cheers Clive, I throughly enjoyed that race. I think the reverse route is something of an improvement as it gets the congestion out of the way right at the start. Maybe the summit loop could be a bit bigger as the two way traffic was getting as interesting as a London rush hour (though it's always nice to have the opportunity to shout abuse at the leading runners). The descent is good, apart from getting out waddled at the end.

Well done Cartman, on a fine win.

FellMonster

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgy View Post
    Cheers Clive, I throughly enjoyed that race. I think the reverse route is something of an improvement as it gets the congestion out of the way right at the start. Maybe the summit loop could be a bit bigger as the two way traffic was getting as interesting as a London rush hour (though it's always nice to have the opportunity to shout abuse at the leading runners). The descent is good, apart from getting out waddled at the end.

Well done Cartman, on a fine win.
    Well done Mr Smale, it seems. I offer my congratulations. Still running unattached? Going to join the ponies?

Cool Re: Crow Hill Reverse

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    i was the one in the calder valley vest with the cool sunglasses, starting a bit firther down the road would stop the back upon the hill
    Ahh,so it was you with the extremely loud specs! I was the porky guy sat behind you on the bridge wall just before the start. Crackin race Clive,really enjoyed it. Is there any etiquette on who takes the path when crossing in opposite directions?

Ha ha, that's been a moot point for some time, and in reality sorts itself out. Obviously all runners have paid the same money, have the same right to use the path etc etc, but runners heading down hill tend to be going faster, and find it more difficult to manouvre or stop. On most races, they are also the leading runners and competing for places, so personally I'm always happy to get out of their way.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    Nice recovery run tonight.

I did Round Hill on Sunday and this has finished me off. I really must go and live amongst some hills. The ascent was the steepest I've done for ages. I'm a bit of a descent monkey though which is why I didn't come last. Hats off to the organisers. Especially getting the results out almost immediately. Nice beer in the Shoulder too. Had a nice chat to two blokes from Idle.
    Is there a map on line? Looking at my 1:50000 I'm a bit confused about where the route went. And is it 5 miles? Anybody garmin it?
    Lovely Calderdale! Being from Wakefield I suppose I can claim to belong
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Master

It worked as well. Loosened up my quads and calves and i feel good now