Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World x/country

Re: World x/country

Can Bekele not count or is there more to it? If I was a betting a man, when he broke away I thought number six world XC title was his for sure. And then he slowed down, ran with Tadesse and then eventually dropped out, to the delight of the kenyan supporters at the race.

The race was aazing to watch when I found it by pressing the red button. Didn't even know my TV had this funtion. I wondered what I pay £40 a month for. Well worth it now I think.

Mo Farah ran wahat must be a perfect race. Finishing 11th. Just look at is lap positions by following the links from www.iaaf.org Jason Ward ran agreat race finishing just in front of Phil N.

Weather looked hot, very hot indeed.

Kiplogat in the ladies race looked awesome and should run real well at FLM if she recovers well from this race and preparations continue in such in a positive manner.

Just a shame it wasn't live on BBC1.

Quote Originally Posted by Feet in the Cowclaps View Post

My money's on Bekele to win his 6th title.

I think that is what a lot of the betting people thought as well. Could we have a situation similar to my fav sport of Cricket here?

Looked a tad warm. The ladies were dropping like flies and being carried from the finish line
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

11th Mo Farah
    62 Skinner
    70 Ward
    74 Nichoals
    79 Buckley
    82 Wicks
    101 Noad
    113 Vernon
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 24-03-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Noads placing.

Feet in the Cowclaps

A good run from TGD there!!

Master and MR

watchin the repeat i had to smile when foster said , oh ive not even seen farah in the top 30/40 which i feel is disapointing really
    he and cram soon ate there words as they said wow what a great run by farah hes got it just right.
    well done to all our great athletes
    nice one

Chris

I watched the World Champs on the telly. Well Done to Mo Farrah. I'd had no idea he was eleventh. As far as Foster and Cram's Cliched commentary was concerned he might as well not have been there.

Chris

[quote=Roadrunner;22604]
    79 Buckley
    Excuse the silly question, but is that the husband of Jo a renowned fellrunner from round here?
    Last edited by Chris; 27-03-2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: pressed a button too soon

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Excuse the silly question, but is that the husband of Jo a renowned fellrunner from round here?

Yes it is. Brother of Anne Buckley as well who has represented GB and England at numerous events.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes, Alan Buckley and Jo (nee Smith) got married last year.