Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gladstone 9

Re: Gladstone 9 race pictures

yeah I found the wormstones and a ditch! but was delighted on the map to see we ran past 'Harry Hut' at the top
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

can anyone let me know if this Is this the same course as the Legend 9 ? i take it that its only the name thats changed due to the change in the name of the pub.if so,then the course record for this race is 1:14 min by Dylan Jones 2004 and not the 1:19 by Gary Rees Williams as stated in the FRA calendar.
    however if this is a new course,then well done to the winner,on an excellent run.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    can anyone let me know if this Is this the same course as the Legend 9 ? i take it that its only the name thats changed due to the change in the name of the pub.if so,then the course record for this race is 1:14 min by Dylan Jones 2004 and not the 1:19 by Gary Rees Williams as stated in the FRA calendar.
    however if this is a new course,then well done to the winner,on an excellent run.
    Hmmh, not sure, it's definately not the same route as in the past but not entirely sure when it changed.......

Anyway - here's the link for the race map so you can check it out:

http://www.teamdolly.co.uk/races/dat...2008%20xal.htm

Also it's incorrect that Gary Rees ever had record - twas a Gavin Williams from Dark Peak................and finally regards the route of the present race - pretty uninspirational I thought, long run in, minimal descent and just a re-run of Penmaenmawr / Tal y Fan...............

Cheers for that Math,
    looks like the same route to me also 9 miles long(hence the name).it could be that the organiser has changed??
    youre right in saying its ahell of a lot like pen/talyfan and also you can add the foel lus race into that.sorry about the name,i just thought that G.Williams was Gary.
    how have you been after Snowdon?i hope that you are fully recoverd

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Cheers for that Math,
    looks like the same route to me also 9 miles long(hence the name).it could be that the organiser has changed??
    youre right in saying its ahell of a lot like pen/talyfan and also you can add the foel lus race into that.sorry about the name,i just thought that G.Williams was Gary.
    how have you been after Snowdon?i hope that you are fully recoverd
    No, not your mistake re: record, it states in most places that it was Gary Rees but when you see the actual results it's Gavin not Gary W!!

Also could well be same route as yours, dont think Rich et al were pushing nowhere near as hard as they could so could knock another couple of mins off their times on the wknd if they were really going for it.

Anyway, aye think fully recovered - should'nt have done that Glad 9, bit of a de-motivating race following the high's prior to Snowdon and watching Borrowdale..............off to Norway tomorrow to do the 5 mile and 6000ft uphill only monster -fancy it!?!

Champion!!
    Last edited by RhosgadMath; 14-08-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Good luck in Norway! There's NooWay i'd be any good at that.
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

Good luck in Norway,sounds like a cracking race.mabye you could write a post race report when your back.

gladstone 9

Gladstone 9 anyone on here done this race?
    I might be Tup , But not too Tup to know that I am Tup:w00t:

Re: gladstone 9

Shares some of the same terrain as the Penmaenmawr race but it's a fair bit tougher with some good climbs early on. I much prefer it but will be spectating this year.

Re: gladstone 9

I'm going to give it ago .