Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Worsthorne Moor Fell Race

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Peakdom
    Posts
    196

    Worsthorne Moor Fell Race

    Anyone done/doing this one, where does it go and what type of route is it?

  2. #2
    Master Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,154

    Re: Worsthorne Moor Fell Race

    Quote Originally Posted by grimmer View Post
    Anyone done/doing this one, where does it go and what type of route is it?
    Fast ! A lot of paths/tracks with not much fell running so I usually wear trail shoes.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Clive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    473

    Re: Worsthorne Moor Fell Race

    Would like to do this, and am also looking for a route, some kinda route, any route.
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

  4. #4
    Member Bruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Manchester
    Posts
    32

    Re: Worsthorne Moor Fell Race

    ...and does anyone know if there is anywhere at the start / finish where the other half can get a cuppa and have a sit down while I'm running? Or is it just in the middle of nowhere?
    Nice to see you...to see you nice

  5. #5
    Master Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,154

    Re: Worsthorne Moor Fell Race

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    ...and does anyone know if there is anywhere at the start / finish where the other half can get a cuppa and have a sit down while I'm running? Or is it just in the middle of nowhere?

    The start is about a 4 minute walk from the pub where the registration usually is in Worsthorne village.

  6. #6
    Master Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,154

    Re: Worsthorne Moor Fell Race

    Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Would like to do this, and am also looking for a route, some kinda route, any route, .

    OK Clive, this is from my shaky memory when I last did it a couple of years ago and not any gps track so a big disclaimer needs to be added here . The start and finish are accurate thats all I am signing up to and its usually run clockwise on the attached map.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Clive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    473

    Re: Worsthorne Moor Fell Race

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    OK Clive, this is from my shaky memory when I last did it a couple of years ago and not any gps track so a big disclaimer needs to be added here . The start and finish are accurate thats all I am signing up to and its usually run clockwise on the attached map.
    Many thanks Alf, at least this gives me a good idea.
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

  8. #8
    Senior Member Tomsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    232

    Re: Worsthorne Moor Fell Race

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    OK Clive, this is from my shaky memory when I last did it a couple of years ago and not any gps track so a big disclaimer needs to be added here . The start and finish are accurate thats all I am signing up to and its usually run clockwise on the attached map.
    Not bad Alf.
    The route slightly changed. English Nature & UU stopped us going up over Hare Stones because we were scaring the wildlife etc! Sensitive area and all that.
    We now turn off right at elevation height 398m, follow the brown dotted path down the side of Rams Clough picking up the route just above Cant Clough Res. Then you are back on track.
    After climbing a great hill one only finds that there are many more hills to climb ......

  9. #9
    Master Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,154

    Re: Worsthorne Moor Fell Race

    Enjoyed today..perfect conditions (for me ) Thanks to organisers/marshalls.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Tomsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    232

    Re: Worsthorne Moor Fell Race

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Enjoyed today..perfect conditions (for me ) Thanks to organisers/marshalls.
    Many thanks Alf, very much appreciated.
    Results just sent to Brett, so should be available soon on FRA results website
    After climbing a great hill one only finds that there are many more hills to climb ......

Similar Threads

  1. totley moor fell race
    By newbie in forum Beginners
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-05-2016, 12:14 AM
  2. TheShelf Moor Fell race
    By John4of5 in forum Races
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 16-09-2008, 08:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •