Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Arthroscopy

Banned

Re: Arthroscopy

Say the Angel Physio this morning, did some exercises that I have to keep doing but then on to the treadmill and I RAN, only 1K but I RAN

ARTHROSCOPY on ankle on 11th November. Hopefully will solve once and for all my damaged ankle from June 08 Ennerdale Injury. Dreading it. Cant wait to get back to proper training tho.....

Advice from anyone who has had ankle arthroscopy gratefully received. No instability...Tim Clough (Wrightington) seems to think its probably scar tissue..... Just typing this makes me queasy!

Cheers moo

Ran this morning. About 3 miles. Knee stiil feels far from right, but not like it did before the op. Am doing all the exercises and cycling as recommende by physio, but after run today, it feels stiff and 'full'. I don't know whether I'm just expecting too much 10 weeks after the op. Next physio appt is in two weeks, just before I see consultant again. His last advice was @If it hurts, don't run'. Very useful to a runner! (but probably right).

Anyone got any thoughts? Am I expecting to do too much too soon? How are you getting on Stagger?

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    ARTHROSCOPY on ankle on 11th November. Hopefully will solve once and for all my damaged ankle from June 08 Ennerdale Injury. Dreading it. Cant wait to get back to proper training tho.....

Advice from anyone who has had ankle arthroscopy gratefully received. No instability...Tim Clough (Wrightington) seems to think its probably scar tissue..... Just typing this makes me queasy!

Cheers moo
    I had this in 1995 (left ankle). Recovery took MUCH longer than I'd anticipated.
    Don't want to depress you, but I wish someone had told me beforehand that it isn't necessarily a quick fix. In part, speed of healing/recuperation will depend on what the surgeon finds and what has to be done.
    Good luck with the op, hope it goes well, and don't hesitate to get in touch if you need to talk to someone who's been there.

Pete, I don't know about knees, but maybe what I've said above about my ankle experience holds true for knees too. I'm sure the physio is right, 10 weeks still isn't all that long after a serious operation and pain is a pretty good warning indicator.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Thanks Tussockface....
    Dreading going in on Wednesday. You know, I could easily run round TOur of Pendle route today (although some ankle pain still there.) ....am I doing the right thing in getting this done ...probably yes...
    Did your op solve your ankle problems?

Yes and no, Moo.
    Before the op, I had bone fragments floating around the joint, which was painful, restricting and doing the cartilage no favours. After the op, the joint was cleaned up but modified - and still painful.
    However, if you are able to run on your ankle now, pre-op, that suggests it isn't in nearly such a bad state as mine was, and surgery could be much less radical (ie more effective and allowing much quicker recovery.)

Good luck Moo. Am sure you are doing the right thing. You don't want to just be able to "get round" you want to be able to get back to some proper training (I know coz I read your earlier post )

I had my knee done in Feb. V scary I know. Hopefully yours will be pretty straightforward & you will get a quick recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Tea & cake View Post
    Good luck Moo. .... Hopefully yours will be pretty straightforward & you will get a quick recovery
    Agreed, T&C!

Thanks....feeling very nervous right now

Any news of Moo? Hope all went well.