Thread: Man City - Priceless!

Man City - Priceless!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ttoo__for_2011

City fan's Champions League tattoo - for 2011

August 17, 2009
    OPTIMISTIC Blue Kirk Bradley is so sure of Manchester City's success next season that he's had a tattoo announcing them as Champions League Winners for 2011.
    The Premier League season is barely underway but already the 25-year-old is so confident that not only will his team qualify for the Champions League this time round but that they will win it at their first attempt next year.

So football-mad Kirk decided to have 'Manchester City 2011 Champions League Winners' permanently tattooed on to his body - even though they only finished 10th last year. And although he admits his prediction is somewhat premature Kirk thinks it's an entirely realistic expectation for big-spending City - who have splashed out £100m on new players this summer.

The Man City nut, from Great Barr, Birmingham, said: "While I was in the pub one night I was saying how I thought we'd win the Champions League next season and my friend turned to me and said 'if you're so sure why don't you have it tattooed?'

Joking

"He was obviously joking, so you can imagine his face when I turned around and said 'okay then'.

"I really believe we have the quality and ambition to go and achieve the biggest prize out there and I think we can do it that soon.

"With Mark Hughes at the helm and the money flowing in, we are going to not only challenge the big four, but the whole of Europe as well.

"My mates, who are mostly Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion fans, think I'm crazy, but I don't care. We're going to be Champions of Europe and when that happens we'll see who is laughing then.

"I was often criticised for being a Man City fan living in Birmingham, but now I don't think anybody can doubt that I am a true fan."

Pondering what he would do if City don't win the Champions League that year, the student replied: "I don't even want to think about it - and I don't think I'll have to.

"I'm sure I would get a lot of stick from my mates though."

Tattooist John Logan, from Logan's Cave, based in Kingstanding, Birmingham, said it was one of the most unusual requests he'd ever had for a tattoo.

"It certainly was a strange request," he said.

"I've done other football fans who had their team's badges tattooed but never anything like this. "Kirk has got to be one of the most optimistic football fans ever.

Re: Man City - Priceless!

The 25-year-old student will be hoping his body art does not befall the same fate as fellow City fan Christopher Atkinson, who had 'Kaka' emblazoned across his chest in January when the club made their move to sign the Brazilian star from Milan.

The deal fell through, and Kaka joined Real Madrid this summer.
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/170820...ns-tattoo.html

If I could predict future sporting outcomes, I wouldn't tattoo them to myself.
    I would put large amounts of money on them.

On the bright side, he could change the last one or two digits should Man City ever win the Champion's League.

Oh dear!

Never mind how much money you have you'll never experience seeing your team becoming champions of Europe unlike when I watched the mighty villa manage it in 1982 without having to buy their way to it
    slow upfast down

Banned
    Wonder if he keeps having the year changed?