Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brecon Beacons Fell Race

Re: Brecon Beacons 16/08

Shame, seemed like you were well on the way to stardom (or what counts for stardom round here - most non-runners would only rate stardom as being on Big Bro!) but never to late for a comeback.... I know, I've been saying it for years!!

How do the dogs manage with the bike - all four(?) of them strung out in front like some bizarre lurcher-powered chariot thing? The mind boggles!

Hope you can make the batruns - was hoping to arrange some fun summer evenings as well but so far haven't had a chance - but watch this space, you can bike behind shouting encouragement (or something!)

Regret that the nearest i've got to stardom was being told by my boss yesterday that i look like Tom Petty. On account of him being a bloke and me being, well, a girl... i was not totally impressed. But not to worry, he's now buried in a shallow grave in the Forest of Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Longdogs View Post
    Regret that the nearest i've got to stardom was being told by my boss yesterday that i look like Tom Petty. On account of him being a bloke and me being, well, a girl... i was not totally impressed. But not to worry, he's now buried in a shallow grave in the Forest of Dean
    Priceless!! I presume it's your boss in a shallow grave - not Tom Petty! I can see why you weren't impressed by the comparison

She's Goooorgeous!!

Ok, ok. Tell me where and and I'll jump in with him. Hope its on Plump Hill. Nice views from there!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Plump Hill - my current address!

Had an e-mail from Toffer last night - need to loose 'terminal adiposity' pdq!

One thing is an absolute racing certainty....Toffer ain't gonna be doin' Brecon Beacons Race this year!

Question is, will I?? Hmmmm. Done it 4 times and hated it every time.

Oh, go on then! Good training for the 25th Naf Snart!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Carrying a camel is to be recommended. There's no standing water at all en route.
    I seem to remember a peaty trickle out on the western most ridge, and also in the river at the bottom of there - dried up or not advisable to drink any more?? It is 15yrs since I last ran the race.

I also remember a runner slurping rain water as it ran down the path somewhere along the main ridge!

Stevie, if it rains, no probs. Plenty of puddles and also a stream forms on the slope leading up from Neuadd. But when its dry, its very dry.
    Somehow, I think we can leave our camels at home this year (unless puddle water is not to your taste!).
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Brecon Beacons Fell Race

Hi,

Has anyone got the checkpoints or an electronic version of the route for this race on Saturday?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Brecon Beacons Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Brum View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone got the checkpoints or an electronic version of the route for this race on Saturday?

Thanks,

Matt
    This is the route I have marked my map up for and its anti-clockwise this year. I have not done it before and apart from the Pen-y-Fan/Cribyn section its all new territory for me

http://explore.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/os_routes/show/4911

It has the checkpoints on as well.

See you there