Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 688

Thread: :D Barefoot Running

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    A Happy Place
    Posts
    945

    Talking Barefoot Running

    Listen to this great podcast that explains why we dont need heavily cushioned, stiffened shoes.
    Last edited by Inov-8 Insider; 22-08-2009 at 10:40 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Malvern Hills
    Posts
    155

    Re: :D Barefoot Running

    I've heard a rumour that inov-8 are producing "The ultimate
    barefoot racer" is this true??

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    A Happy Place
    Posts
    945

    Re: :D Barefoot Running

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry the Tortoise View Post
    I've heard a rumour that inov-8 are producing "The ultimate
    barefoot racer" is this true??
    Weve been working on this for over 12months, its something that we have always believed in.
    Its why all our shoes are neutral, flexible & lack pillars/posts.
    It wont be for evryone as it takes time for muscles, tendons etc to get use to natural running.
    BUT
    If you want a minimalist fell racing shoe then watch this space

    If your already into barefoot running and need a bit of protection for you feet then watch this space

    If your looking for a minimalist shoe, a transition from heavily cushioned road shoes towards "barefoot" then watch this space

    Follow my Twitter to get snippets.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    42

    Re: :D Barefoot Running

    barefoot running and the Tarahumara Indians

    chris mcdougall appeared on Jon Stewart last week. Talks about a guy running barefoot for 435 miles non-stop!

    book looks good. Might have a look.

    video is here http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...pher-mcdougall

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    A Happy Place
    Posts
    945

    Re: :D Barefoot Running

    Quote Originally Posted by cockermouth? View Post
    barefoot running and the Tarahumara Indians

    chris mcdougall appeared on Jon Stewart last week. Talks about a guy running barefoot for 435 miles non-stop!

    book looks good. Might have a look.

    video is here http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...pher-mcdougall
    One great quote from the book Born to Run
    Shoes block pain,not impact!
    Pain teaches us to run comfortably!
    From the moment you start going barefoot,you will change the way you run.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Derby Tup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Worth
    Posts
    16,974

    Re: :D Barefoot Running

    Isn't there a degree of 'turkeys voting for Christmas' when you promote barefoot running Insider

    I ran a couple of hundred yards without shoes round the car-parking field yesterday at Burnsall; it was an interesting experience
    Poacher turned game-keeper

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    A Happy Place
    Posts
    945

    Re: :D Barefoot Running

    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Isn't there a degree of 'turkeys voting for Christmas' when you promote barefoot running Insider

    I ran a couple of hundred yards without shoes round the car-parking field yesterday at Burnsall; it was an interesting experience
    Not at all Derby, it won't be right for everyone.
    I'm sure as you will of experienced in your own barefooting you will need some protection for your feet.
    Can you imagine running round Borrowdale with no protection for your feet?
    We believe that less is best, we believe in having neutral, very flexible, very light footwear.
    We will continue to push our theory of letting the foot control the shoe not the shoe controlling the foot.
    What you find with "barefooting" is that you need less cushioning, stiffners,gels, fancy air, reinforced pillars n posts as advocated by a lot of brands.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Derby Tup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Worth
    Posts
    16,974

    Re: :D Barefoot Running

    I was only pulling your leg II Interestingly I ran in an old pair of 290s yesterday and I was amazed how different they felt to my usual choice of 330s for fell and 315s for long traily runs. I'm portly and slow and was sceptical re: X-talons but I'm now tempted to try a pair
    Poacher turned game-keeper

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,789

    Re: :D Barefoot Running

    Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    One great quote from the book Born to Run
    Shoes block pain,not impact!
    Pain teaches us to run comfortably!
    From the moment you start going barefoot,you will change the way you run.
    Tell that(shoes block pain) to all the people with Achilles tendon injuries caused by manufacturers sloping their mid-soles by differing amounts.

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,789

    Re: :D Barefoot Running

    Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    Not at all Derby, it won't be right for everyone.
    I'm sure as you will of experienced in your own barefooting you will need some protection for your feet.
    Can you imagine running round Borrowdale with no protection for your feet?
    We believe that less is best, we believe in having neutral, very flexible, very light footwear.
    We will continue to push our theory of letting the foot control the shoe not the shoe controlling the foot.
    What you find with "barefooting" is that you need less cushioning, stiffners,gels, fancy air, reinforced pillars n posts as advocated by a lot of brands.

    If you believed 'less was best' then you'd be out of business because everyone would be running bare foot. What you really believe in is making shoes with the precise amount of support and cushioning to get an athlete round his/her run without them getting injured.

    If you'd like to hire me send me a PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Barefoot Work Shoes
    By freakazoid in forum Equipment
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-04-2019, 12:46 PM
  2. How many people run barefoot?
    By SEFTON in forum General Fellrunning Issues
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 11:14 AM
  3. tk max = barefoot shoes
    By dylan in forum Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 07:10 PM
  4. barefoot running anybody?
    By Twister in forum Training
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 27-09-2009, 12:22 PM
  5. Preview newInov8 barefoot shoe
    By sjedwardz in forum Equipment
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 11:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •