Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Barefoot Running

Banned

Re: :D Barefoot Running

Quote Originally Posted by eLBee! View Post
    I've been hoping that inov-8 would respond to the pendulum swing that is seeing people rejecting the sofa shoes, for shoes that allow the feet to work in the way they were designed.
    The f-lite 230 makes an excellent road shoe - I ran 10 marathons in 10 days in mine - and I'll be taking delivery of the 220PK in the next couple of days, which also looks like it'll be an excellent road shoe.
    I've been waiting for some indication that there was a 1 or 0 cushion shoe in development - as well as wider shoes for the platypus-footed amongst us.
    It's great to see that this has ALSO been taken on board.
    And the ground 'feel' of the lighter shoes is something I've always liked, so an even further pared down fell shoe is really something to look forward to!
    Leon
    You and I need to have a chat

inov8 insider - are you able to be a little more specific about when in 2010 the 0 and 1 shoes will be available? After all 2010 is only 3.5 months away. I run barefoot at times and use aqua shoes but desperately need something with grip. I'm thinking of getting the X talons but suspect that even they will feel too heavy. If the new shoes came out early 2010 I would persevere with my aqua shoes.

Please do not leave us dangling!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Richard36 View Post
    inov8 insider - are you able to be a little more specific about when in 2010 the 0 and 1 shoes will be available? After all 2010 is only 3.5 months away. I run barefoot at times and use aqua shoes but desperately need something with grip. I'm thinking of getting the X talons but suspect that even they will feel too heavy. If the new shoes came out early 2010 I would persevere with my aqua shoes.

Please do not leave us dangling!!!
    I am sorry I cant be more specific, we are testing and tweaking at the moment.
    Maybe I shouldnt have said anything and got you excited.

I've been interested in these last couple of comments because I face a little decision to make. As mentioned, I've recently ditched the ortho-clogs (as Mr Pirie would call them) and been doing all my running in either Terrocs, aqaus, or nothing. Road marathon in Florence in just over 11 weeks and thinking I'd give the F-lite 230s a try. I thought the only difference with the PK was the sticky rubber sole (and colour). Am I right in this and is the F-lite probably the most suitable shoe for road marathons in the Inov-8 range? Was "220pk" a typo or is there a new F-lite available?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Chapman View Post
    I've been interested in these last couple of comments because I face a little decision to make. As mentioned, I've recently ditched the ortho-clogs (as Mr Pirie would call them) and been doing all my running in either Terrocs, aqaus, or nothing. Road marathon in Florence in just over 11 weeks and thinking I'd give the F-lite 230s a try. I thought the only difference with the PK was the sticky rubber sole (and colour). Am I right in this and is the F-lite probably the most suitable shoe for road marathons in the Inov-8 range? Was "220pk" a typo or is there a new F-lite available?
    The f-lite 230PK is pretty much the same as the 230 except black! They both have the Performance rubber outsole

The f-lite 220PK is a new shoe - different upper fabrics and the clear rubber outsole (which I'm told is slightly less 'sticky' than the Performance rubber and slightly more sticky than the Endurance rubber)
    Last edited by eLBee!; 15-09-2009 at 10:30 PM.
    I run ...climb ....work a bit.....
    but mostly......
    buy kit

I run in F-lite on and off road with no problem. Its its dry then off road is fine but in the mud they don't have enough grip.

Recently I have been trying them with the footbeds removed. You feel even more in contact with the ground but it does hurt your calves and achilles a bit more to begin with as your body gets used to them. I've been thinking about getting the 285 as these are pretty much the same as the F-lite but with the roclite sole I believe.

I have used the f-lite 230 exclusively as my road shoe for quite a while now - and have run over marathon distance in them.

I'm looking forward to giving the 220PK a good thriping too, as it should retain most of the excellent traction qualities of the 230, but be a little more hardwearing
    (That's my hope!)
    I run ...climb ....work a bit.....
    but mostly......
    buy kit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    I run in F-lite on and off road with no problem. Its its dry then off road is fine but in the mud they don't have enough grip.

I've been thinking about getting the 285 as these are pretty much the same as the F-lite but with the roclite sole I believe.
    Yup the 285 has a similar fit to the 230, the same low profile ( 2 cushion) but has a sticky rubber Roclite lugged sole and a rand for protection.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    Yup the 285 has a similar fit to the 230, the same low profile ( 2 cushion) but has a sticky rubber Roclite lugged sole and a rand for protection.
    My new 285s arrived yesterday. Much snugger fit than 305/315. I was sceptical re sticky rubber but a 20min walk in them was interesting Rand is relatively soft and I suspect is more to protect shoe from wear and tear than runners' toes

Quote Originally Posted by eLBee! View Post
    I have used the f-lite 230 exclusively as my road shoe for quite a while now - and have run over marathon distance in them.

I'm looking forward to giving the 220PK a good thriping too, as it should retain most of the excellent traction qualities of the 230, but be a little more hardwearing
    (That's my hope!)
    I am looking forward to the 220pk being a bit more widespread as I could only find from beyond extreme, and I would like to try them on before I buy.

They look great shoes! Let me know how you get on with them