Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: :D Barefoot Running

Re: :D Barefoot Running

Quote Originally Posted by Alphin View Post
    First run in the Inov8 ‘Bare-Grips’ – Absolutely fantastic…
    First impressions – a snug yet roomy ‘where it counts’ fit, superb terrain sensitivity yet with excellent foreign object protection, the grip was beyond belief and the overall feeling of ‘running free’ without compare!
    If you are a committed minimal shoe fell runner then this could well be the best shoe you have ever worn. If you are someone who has started on the path of minimal shoe fell running and are gradually reducing the cushioning on your shoes then this is the shoe to aim for.
    Time will tell if the superb grip holds up – if it does then yes the Inov8 Bare-Grip 200 is worth the extra money, well for me and my running anyway!
    Brilliant 
    Where can these be bought? I have just looked at all the online stores I usually use and nobody has them. I have been hanging onto a pair of 330's that have had better days just waiting for these.

From Desperate in The Wirral

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Where can these be bought? I have just looked at all the online stores I usually use and nobody has them. I have been hanging onto a pair of 330's that have had better days just waiting for these.

They should be in stores now. HERE
    Last edited by Inov-8 Insider; 25-02-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post

Ordered mine from MountainFeet in Oldham - great store, excellent service...

Had three runs in the Bare-Grips now - absolutely superb...just finished a 1.5hrs hill and speed session, the grip is awesome either descending or contouring on wet grass/dead heather, bracken...no rolling around the foot, the shoe sits nice and snug - Inov8 have this shoe spot on, brilliant stuff
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

What's the sizing like compared to the x-talon? I've always found the inov-8 sizing inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by overthecrowroad View Post
    What's the sizing like compared to the x-talon? I've always found the inov-8 sizing inconsistent.
    Same as for the X-Talon - I wear a UK 8 in the X-Talon and the same size for the Bare-Grip is perfect...

Just about to don the Bare-Grips and head out for a rather wet and muddy trip around The Chew
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by overthecrowroad View Post
    I guess its individual but I've never had a problem - I've got/had 270's, 330's, 220's, 320's, X Talon 212 and the newer 190's (Yes - I like Inov8!) and all a size 11 and all a perfect fit. So I was just going to send for a pair from PB site (thanks for the link Inov8 Insider) but may wait until I go to Keswick tomorrow and see if there is a stockist there.

Thanks. Just ordered a pair in my usual size.

You an Iain Banks fan by any chance?

Nah I tried to read one of his novels once but found it way too boring. The name comes from the road over the Campsie Fells where I used to go cycling before I got fed up with the traffic and took up fell running instead.

Ah. I enjoy his sci-fi stuff much more - I read the Wasp Factory back in the day and was blown away. Don't think any of his other stuff had the same impact.