Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moral Dilemma!!

Re: Moral Dilemma!!

Seems like much ado about nothing to me. People move on - it's a fact of life and it seems like her boss has taken advantage of a great opportunity.

Personal relationship with the present (and future) boss / future job prospects aside, it's not going to change her role is it? However, if it was me I'd want to know just because I like to have knowledge of things going on. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Make up a completely far fetched story about aliens landing in the carpark and taking half the staff hostage (see zombie attack thread for ideas), then when she learns what's really happened it won't seem that important.

HTH

I started off thinking - I would want to know, it wouldn't spoil my holiday, I could have a good old chat with the family about what oppurtunities it might open up... Then I thought, but why talk about work while on holiday, and agreed with all the people who said don't tell her So no help there really...

Dom's advice is the best...

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Make up a completely far fetched story about aliens landing in the carpark and taking half the staff hostage (see zombie attack thread for ideas), then when she learns what's really happened it won't seem that important.

HTH
    Or maybe as Wheeze suggests text and say that there's some news at work (but nothing to worry about) and if she wants to know more then give you a call

i feel i should interject at this point and say that both of the options have their merits and also their disadvantages. Hope that helps you come to a decision.

alternately, perhaps you could string out this thread for a few more days, ideally until your bezzie returns, then show her what genuine turmoil your mind has been in with regard to the issue.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by bestathlete View Post

alternately, perhaps you could string out this thread for a few more days, ideally until your bezzie returns, then show her what genuine turmoil your mind has been in with regard to the issue.
    Yes

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Good replies...thankyou. Think I'll keep schtum for now and pretend everything is normal?? eek.

Personally id ring her and explain
    Thats just me but I think if she is a very close friend she would want you to.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Personally id ring her and explain
    Thats just me but I think if she is a very close friend she would want you to.
    that's what I originally thought. More developments at work, making that decision more likely

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    that's what I originally thought. More developments at work, making that decision more likely

id be surprised if you aint rang her by 11am
    its a womans duty to inform

If I was on holiday, I really wouldn't want to know what's going on - you need to switch off from work at times - especially when your on holiday and out of the country. What's she going to do, fly back and cut her holiday short?

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    If I was on holiday, I really wouldn't want to know what's going on - you need to switch off from work at times - especially when your on holiday and out of the country. What's she going to do, fly back and cut her holiday short?
    no she will have a 3 hr chat with emma and catch up on the gossip
    you can only read so many HEAT mags abroad.