Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Today's new bike

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    New bike purchased (went for the Lapierre Xelius)so selling my Cube Attain Race. Size 56 (but that's quite small)
    Original spec is here
    https://www.cube.eu/en/2017/road-tri...lacknred-2017/

I've changed the saddle to a Madison Prime and tyres to Vittoria Zafiro Pro.
    Comes with Shimano SPD-SL pedals, 2 bottle cages and 2 pairs of extra brake blocks.

£400 cash on collection from West Mids. May deliver locally if you ask nicely.
    DM me for more details
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Funny you should raise that topic, Shaun.

Leigh Craigie is a big fan, for her ultra-distance exploits on her Shand Bahookie.

It would be one method of fitting a SRam 500% 1x12 drivetrain to a gravel bike - using the MTB 'thumb shifters'
    Standard issue upgrade process. Looks at buying new handlebars, ends up with new drivetrain

Yes I’d seen Leigh’s bike. Although the scale of what I’m doing is somewhat more modest the intended style is the same. I’ve also a couple of friends who swear by them. I think I’m just going to have to take a punt. That punt does end up at £200 to £250* for the basic H Bar mind you, although they should sell used easy enough.

*bar itself, grips, bar tape, new stem, possibly new hoses/cables.

The Shand was actually on my list of options back when I was bike shopping as well. Although I ended up with a Ti frame, largely as I’m not responsible enough to have an expensive frame with a nice paint job. I’d spend half my life crying I’d scratched it.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWoodman View Post

All that said I'm getting drawn to rougher and rougher riding, and keep finding myself looking at the Soul on Cotic's website getting tempted. Then I think how much fun I already have on my CX and quickly close the web page. Anyone on here got a Cotic Soul and willing to persuade/dissuade me?
    Are you thinking of a frame upgrade or a complete bike?

If it’s a complete bike you might want to consider this which is supposed to be a proper hoot https://www.alpkit.com/sonder/sonder-signal-ti

And Brant is back at On One/Planet X so there might be some new or updated things there soon.
    pies

Probably should belong in Today’s YouTube but it’ll sit well in here.

https://vimeo.com/252863313

Is worth a watch.
    pies

Hi Shaun, there could be a cheaper option. Look at the Alpkit / Sonder website. They have a copy of the Jones H bars .... the Love Mud Confucius ..... for around £23 or £24 ..... it's got me thinking??

https://www.alpkit.com/products/love-mud-confucius

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Standard issue upgrade process. Looks at buying new handlebars, ends up with new drivetrain

Yes I’d seen Leigh’s bike. Although the scale of what I’m doing is somewhat more modest the intended style is the same. I’ve also a couple of friends who swear by them. I think I’m just going to have to take a punt. That punt does end up at £200 to £250* for the basic H Bar mind you, although they should sell used easy enough.

*bar itself, grips, bar tape, new stem, possibly new hoses/cables.

The Shand was actually on my list of options back when I was bike shopping as well. Although I ended up with a Ti frame, largely as I’m not responsible enough to have an expensive frame with a nice paint job. I’d spend half my life crying I’d scratched it.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Hey up Ian

I actually have the Confucius already. It is basically a flat bar with a mild sweep. It certainly does the job in terms of gear and luggage mounting. Really useful on my Sonder Broken Road as it runs a real short stem and shifting the bar bag forwards results in less contact with frame and cables. I also prefer the more forward mounting of GPS and lighting.

With the H Bar, it’s the sweep im really interested in.
    Last edited by shaunaneto; 24-12-2018 at 09:02 AM.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtHOBtiF...d=adf4qnbxbjtm

https://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HBOOGB/...eoff-handlebar

May interest some! H Bar copy, allegedly this is the bar made for Alpkit that they backed out from selling.