Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Hodgson Relay

Ian Hodgson Mountain Relay

Reverse direction this year - anticlockwise. Must go and recce my leg again.

Re: Ian Hodgson Mountain Relay

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Reverse direction this year - anticlockwise. Must go and recce my leg again.
    You sure?

Re: Ian Hodgson Mountain Relay

Reason is so that the area around the Kirkstone Inn is vacated earlier in the day. I'd heard rumours of this, but nothing official, so tonight I phoned organiser John Broxap, who confirmed the event was indeed being run the opposite way round this year. This information was apparently sent out with the information packs, but that doesn't come to me, so I assumed a mix-up at this end.

Ian Hodgson Relay

I understand that we are running the anticlockwise way round this year, and that a couple of checkpoints might have been altered. Has anyone seen a map uploaded anywhere?

I'm off this weekend to recce leg 1.

cheers

HHH
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.

Re: Ian Hodgson Relay

Those good people at Horwich have a list of check-points. No maps though.

Senior Member No map, no compass's Avatar

Yeh, the Horwich info looks to be correct. The main difference from the usual course is that there is a new checkpoint on knot on Leg 2.

Quote Originally Posted by No map, no compass View Post
    Yeh, the Horwich info looks to be correct. The main difference from the usual course is that there is a new checkpoint on knot on Leg 2.
    That's a shame - it would have been a great descent from Hight Street straight down to the reservoir.

Thanks for that.
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.

Watch out for that Horwich route info, it got them into trouble at the Calderdale Way last year!

Information packs from the organisers have now been sent to all fell captains.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Those good people at Horwich have a list of check-points. No maps though.
    No maps, unless you are actually in Horwich, in which case a colour laminated map of your appropriate leg will have landed on your doormat by now.

Quote Originally Posted by boghobbit View Post
    Watch out for that Horwich route info, it got them into trouble at the Calderdale Way last year!
    Yes, one can overdo the research, try and be too helpful, and it all backfires. Boghobbit usually resists such comments but couldn't on this occasion!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry H Howgill View Post
    re: the new checkpoint on knot on Leg 2: That's a shame - it would have been a great descent from Hight Street straight down to the reservoir.
    Yes, it makes you stick to the main path. Having done leg 3 (now 2) 4 times, my fastest was when I went up that way, bypassing the Knott, you cut out a bit of climb, but it's a knackering, angular ascent. And I paid the price later on when Dew Claw Lasalle ran off with my flapjack when I needed it most.

But you had all the drink in your bumbag and i nearly drowned myself when trying to replenish back at the campsite