Thread: Kirkstall Valley Trail Race

Kirkstall Valley Trail Race

Shameless plug for the club race this Sunday (20th Sept), Kirkstall Harriers are organising the Kirkstall Valley Trail Race (http://www.ukresults.net/forms/090920kirkstall.pdf). Pretty flat, fast course on road, towpath and trail from Kirkstall Abbey. Entries are available on the day.

Re: Kirkstall Valley Trail Rac

Quote Originally Posted by LiamM View Post
    Shameless plug for the club race this Sunday (20th Sept), Kirkstall Harriers are organising the Kirkstall Valley Trail Race (http://www.ukresults.net/forms/090920kirkstall.pdf). Pretty flat, fast course on road, towpath and trail from Kirkstall Abbey. Entries are available on the day.
    move back to uni the day before this race. living just over a mile from this, me and my housemate were debating doing it as a sunday run with the run there and back as well. and seeing as though freshers week kicks off that night and the Manchester derby being later on in the day, the bottle of beer sounded very appealing!! but unfortunately we arn't going to do it as we havn't entered and both being students don't fancy paying £9. gutted as it seems a good, interesting course!

Re: Kirkstall Valley Trail Rac

This one passes with 4 mins run from home and includes part of my main 'Rodley-Newlay' 4+ mile loop but still won't be doing it due to current lack of running fitness (and there's too much towpath racing for my liking) so will be out in dales walking somewhere instead.

I did notice that someone on RW Forum called the only real hill on the route between river and railway heading up to Newlay 'a b*gger of a hill' - hardly a b*gger but definitely the best part of the route

Anyway hope all that do it enjoy it