Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Knee help please!

Re: Knee help please!

No/ STR, Soft tissue release not like acipuncture , give me a ring at the clinic ask for dave and i will talk you through possible recovery plans 01229 480422

Quote Originally Posted by injury advice View Post
    No/ STR, Soft tissue release not like acipuncture , give me a ring at the clinic ask for dave and i will talk you through possible recovery plans 01229 480422
    Cheers Dave, it'll be later in the week though probably friday afternoon unless you work late evenings. I'm going to email a pilates based physio that my podiatrist recommended and rates quite highly to see if she thinks her treatment methods will get some results.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Second appointment with Becky the pilates physio today, lots of massaging of my ITB which has positive effects despite feeling like i've been beaten up. My exercises are about as basic as possible because i haven't got the basics, not even slightly, all the wrong muscles at the wrong time. A good example of this is the glute initiated leg raise: tense inner core-tense glute-tense quad-raise leg very slightly, all done on my front. As soon as i tense my quad my glute loosens, as soon as i lift my leg my hamstring tenses. The other leg is fine, in fact the glute and quad work simultaneously but the bad leg is way out. Got to concentrate hard and keep practising, once more into the breech...

Not quite sure why i'm still updating this thread as it'll have dropped off the end of the line well before i'm better but hey-ho. I've just completed wk1 of a 5wk break from running, physio wants to try it but i'm not so sure it'll do much...as in it won't be the missing link to a complete recovery; but my ankles need a more sustained period to mend properly so it was ideal in that sense.

I've designed a 3wk gradual reintroduction program beginning 17 july:

Wk1, treadmill. Day1-1k, Day2-rest, Day3-2k, Day4-rest, Days5,6,7-3,4,5k respectively.
    Wk2, Flat trail. Day1-2 laps, Day2-rest, Day3-3laps, Day4-rest, Days5,6,7-3,4,5 laps respectively.
    Wk3, More agressive trail
    Sat Aug 7th-first race back-Osmotherly Show, seems as good as any easy shorty and looking at the route appears tame (famous last words )

I don't think i can offer myself a more gentle comeback within reason so if the break is going to work i'm giving it the best chance.