Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Knee help please!

Re: Knee help please!

Jesus, look at the state of the grammar in my last post i must have been pretty hammered. My mate Claire bless her organised a surprise 30th bash at the local rugby club, i turned up with some records thinking i was playing a quick set at some friends' engagement. Should have sniffed that one out.

Gary, a lot of the exercises you mentioned initially are included in my rehab program; the clam, ITB roller etc. I've also got to build up my right quad as for some reason it's smaller than the left and contributing to the imbalance, i've got to do on tummy leg raises using the glute and not the hamstring which is proving very tricky. Fortunately i've landed on my feet with my physio girl, she's absolutely lovely, after the bitter disappointment of just missing out on a gorgeous female chiropractor: result.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Oh sheesh and check this out, she had a wobble board with a marble maze in the top!

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Jesus, look at the state of the grammar in my last post i must have been pretty hammered. My mate Claire bless her organised a surprise 30th bash at the local rugby club, i turned up with some records thinking i was playing a quick set at some friends' engagement. Should have sniffed that one out.
    Good times!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Gary, a lot of the exercises you mentioned initially are included in my rehab program; the clam, ITB roller etc. I've also got to build up my right quad as for some reason it's smaller than the left and contributing to the imbalance, i've got to do on tummy leg raises using the glute and not the hamstring which is proving very tricky. Fortunately i've landed on my feet with my physio girl, she's absolutely lovely, after the bitter disappointment of just missing out on a gorgeous female chiropractor: result.
    Just don't make the mistake of giving up on these as you get better. Keep this up as a preventative thing. (Do as I say not as I do! )

And hubba hubba!! If you need any pick up lines, I'm sure the forum could offer some advice.

Just shows: keep your eyes open for other opportunities...
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

I to went to the physio about this, my knee prob to is coming from muscle imbalances like yours. There is a definately a problem and its not just me being soft. I found that when he did something called the clarks test in which he holds the top of quads and moves the knee cap, the pain was horrendous.

Any how, got the usual exercises to do, 1 legged squats he also said the pulling is lateral so I need to loosen ITB he said my VMO quad develpment was really good. So I need to build a muscle below that on the underside of my leg. He had me doing a yoga move called the crab to build this. This caused my legs to cramp.

He also taped the knee cap in place, this helps the body to remember how it should be when correct and get used to this position.

He also said my calves where tight which could be contributing.

Has anyone been told that they can carry on running, I asked and he said not yet.

Not that I am bothered, my days of "how long will I be out for" and "when can I run again" are long gone along with my fitness.

Doom and gloom or what, come on chin up lad.

Cheers
    Jamie
    Last edited by NotOnUrHelly; 30-09-2009 at 01:18 PM.

If i'm fit for the tour of pendle i'll be as happy as a tomcat with three balls.

who did you go to mr brightside - are they in leeds?

could you send me thier number please.

how much was it?

is she allowing you to still run at all?

Have you got the same problem Daleside

dont know what my probelm is ;-(- need to go and see a physio - but dont know any - I'm in leeds -there are some at carnegie - so perhaps I can see one of them.

i'm sceptical about physios though - do they really know what they are on about - I can guarantee you what they will say to me when i go - well its the way you run - your tendons / joints/ muscles are compensating for the faults in the way you run and you need to work on your core strength to solve it -here are some exercises! oh yeah and dont run for a month or three. well i'm doing the exercises already.

i know the ones at carnegie like to keep you running. I can still run - i'm just nervous to as it seems to hurt the following day. did 7and a half minutes today and I'm over the moom like I've run marathon. I've bought some sort of magic cream called arnica - alpine plant extract for strains and sprains and oh yes I'm thinking of going to see the holy relics in liverpool at the weekend!! I'll try anything I just want to run again!

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    dont know what my probelm is ;-(- need to go and see a physio - but dont know any - I'm in leeds -there are some at carnegie - so perhaps I can see one of them.

i'm sceptical about physios though - do they really know what they are on about - I can guarantee you what they will say to me when i go - well its the way you run - your tendons / joints/ muscles are compensating for the faults in the way you run and you need to work on your core strength to solve it -here are some exercises! oh yeah and dont run for a month or three. well i'm doing the exercises already.

i know the ones at carnegie like to keep you running. I can still run - i'm just nervous to as it seems to hurt the following day. did 7and a half minutes today and I'm over the moom like I've run marathon. I've bought some sort of magic cream called arnica - alpine plant extract for strains and sprains and oh yes I'm thinking of going to see the holy relics in liverpool at the weekend!! I'll try anything I just want to run again!
    Arnica is for bruises mostly i've never tried it on sore knees is it working?

I'm attending Horsforth Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic, The Park Practice, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 4DJ, 0113 2590343. First appt £35, £32 therafter.

She was reluctant for me to run on it but there again so was i, she didn't categorically say NO! I'm hiking on it however, just girly 5 milers. She said about 6 weeks for me to be over it but i'll have to build the milage back up again from about 3 i reckon.

knee feels brilliant as i sit here with cooling medicinal ice pack on, but also after gin and tonic and glass of wine! will apply more cream after doing exercises but am hoping for no pain tomorrow and may be able to move on to ten minute run tomorrow!!!!

I'm really nervous about not running as i feel not running will cause other weaknesses in the legs eg the other one and the muscels of the bad one and other joints that will lead to future injuries!

anyway - sorry to hijack your thread - may follow your physio lead but may go for the carnegie connection......