Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: London Marathon

Re: London Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by Gravymuncher View Post
    On the BBC commentary on sunday they stated that IAAF rules say that anyone that finishes in the top 20 in the major marathons is automaticaly qualified for the world championships, regardless of time.
    UKA have made their own rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Zinal View Post
    4 women and only 3 men in gb team for Osaka
    can any one think of a fourth man ?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/6588653.stm
    Can Paula run in the men's team? She's next fastest!

Congrats to everyone who completed the course (and especially to Mr Jones - a superb performance)
    On a personal note i have to report a very bad day at the office.
    Despite my sickness which ended 8 days prior to FLM and despite the heat I set off at 2:35 pace (which would have been a 1 min PB). This was almost certainly my downfall because as early as 7 miles i started to struggle. By mile 10 (59:20) I had slowed to 6:25 pace and was thinking about where I could get a tube to the finish. I plodded on to Tower Bridge and immensely enjoyed playing the crowd. (I would say the few hundred metres over Tower Bridge is the most inspirational and rewarding bit of road I have ever ran along.)
    A good mate of mine was watching at 14 miles and when I got to him I stepped off the course and we headed to the finish to watch another friend finish top 10 in the british ladies.
    I imagine I could have completed the course taking 2:50 to 3 hours but that would have been very disapointing and would have still trashed my legs. I thought it far better to save my body from the punishment and save my energies to fight another day.
    I got back into training immediately and am looking forward to the Windermere marathon on May 20th. Originally I was going to jog round enjoying the views but now I'm gonna be racing it. Hopefully I will soon regain some more of the weight I lost when ill and hopefully it will be a cloudy or even rainy day.
    FLM 2007 has been chalked up to experience - and you can never have too much of that.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Smile Re: London Marathon

2:11:46Jon Brown(C of Sheffield) 3 Dec 2006Fukuoka, JPN 2 2:14:31Peter Riley(Leigh) 23 Apr 2006London 3 2:14:41Matt Smith(Tipton) 30 Oct 2006Dublin, IRL 4 2:14:50Dan Robinson(Stroud) 19 Mar 2006Melbourne, AUS 5 2:15:38Huw Lobb(Bedford & County) 23 Apr 2006London 6 2:15:50Tomas Abyu(Salford) 23 Apr 2006London

These did it last year inside the 2h16 target and could be selected for Osaka team if showing current form at least in a half marathon

UKA are up there own arses if they don't select Andi Jones, to finish 10th in a world class field and not get selected is a bad decision. Do they not care about there own mantra of medal hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gellmeister View Post
    UKA are up there own arses if they don't select Andi Jones, to finish 10th in a world class field and not get selected is a bad decision. Do they not care about there own mantra of medal hopes.
    Here here Colin
    I only run so I can eat cake Oh...and drink cider