Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UKA Relays

UKA Relays

Only 3 weeks to go until the UKA relays – the maps have been printed, the finishing area is finally drying out and I can almost smell the bacon butties that’ll be on sale…

However, there are still 11 teams on the waiting list, some of whom are desperate the get involved in this event (and I can’t blame them!). If any one knows now that they will not be able to pull a team together for the relays can you please email me now (see the SportIdent site below for my email address) so that we can invite these teams – and that way I hope no-one that can make it misses out.

Any team that cancels and is replaced by a team on the waiting list will be re-funded £55 out of the entry fee

Paul Jennings
    CFR

Re: UKA Relays

Help My link didn't work - it should be in the signature. This is the address that'll take you to the relays event in the Sportident system.

https://www.sportident.co.uk/entries...p?event_id=207

Thanks Paul
    When are the race packs likely to arrive?
    Will it be possible to get maps online or will we have to wait until registration on the day?

I've just sent out the information packs out to the CFR committee for comment - I hope to issue, via the SportIdent system, next Friday. The maps will be part of the race pack that you receive on the day (together with the meal tickets, race numbers etc). Details of the non-orienteering legs are on the CFR website.

Thanks for the quick resonse Paul. Looking at the info on the website, I am assuming there is no marked route between checkpoints so some navigational ability will be required if the field gets spread out.

Yes navigational ability will be required on all legs, although there will be some sections that are flagged. The flagged section on leg 1 has been extended now although I haven't seen the final maps myself so I'm not 100% sure how much more is flagged.

Hi Paul
    Do you know whether both runners will be given a map on the navigation leg? In some previous years only one map has been handed out, which means both runners cannot contribute to the braining, though I suppose it saved a few pence!
    hope the organization is going well - looking forward to it!

Leg 1 looks a bit confusing, how do you get back from GR 098203, the track junction?

Just checked with our course planner and he has confirmed printing 1 map per runner for all legs - so there will be 2 maps on leg 2, and 2 maps on leg 3.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Hi Paul
    Do you know whether both runners will be given a map on the navigation leg? In some previous years only one map has been handed out, which means both runners cannot contribute to the braining, though I suppose it saved a few pence!
    hope the organization is going well - looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Leg 1 looks a bit confusing, how do you get back from GR 098203, the track junction?
    Iain,

We will be flagging from GR 098203 down to Cogra Moss (to about GR 097199), around the east of the water to pick up the Donkey trod - a path that goes from 099192 to 099188. It may be flagged from the top of the Donkey trod to the end - if we don't there will be a very minor route choice (a track or a path - there's probably nothing in it), entry to the field is from the track at 089185 (by the gate at the bottom of the steep descent off Knock Murton).

Paul