Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inov8 rucksacks?

Inov8 rucksacks?

was looking at getting either the race pro 12 or 18, or the race elite 15, for long winter runs, recces, all that.

do they work well, hold still etc?

never been a fan of bladders: the bit-and-suck things never seem to work all that well, and cleaning them is a faff. Are the Inov8 ones any better?

should I look beyond Inov8 at other bladder packs?

and if I don't want a bladder at all, are there good 'bladderless' running packs?

Re: Inov8 rucksacks?

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    was looking at getting either the race pro 12 or 18, or the race elite 15, for long winter runs, recces, all that.

never been a fan of bladders: the bit-and-suck things never seem to work all that well, and cleaning them is a faff. Are the Inov8 ones any better?

and if I don't want a bladder at all, are there good 'bladderless' running packs?
    The Elite 15 is bladderless...

I have the race pro 12 and love it. I happen to like bladders and this one sits horizontally on your lower back and wraps around, so no bouncing and sloshing at all! Had it for about a year now and used it for long training runs and as my required race pack, as I can't cope with bumbags...

I used to use a small 10L Deuter speedlite in which I put a platypus bladder before, which was cmfy and sat on my back well, but it did not have pockets accessible when running, which was inconvenient, so hence the upgrade to the Race Pro 12...

You can use all bladder compatible rucksacks without bladders anyway, but not always the other way around...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Just been through something similar ZHR! Went and got myself one of these Raidlight Endurance bumbags:
    http://www.likeys.com/acatalog/Raidlight_Equipment.html
    and it's brilliant!

Previously I've always been a backpack 'n' bladder fan and that has served me well. At the suggestion of a forumite went with the bag 'n' bottles approach and it's worked great. Took it on a 23miler at the weekend, big enough for kit and easy to get at the drinks. A wee zip pocket on the waist strap was ideal for my gels and sweets.

Not everyone likes bottles though...

Oh, have a browse of the Likeys site, they've got loads of backpacks etc and the staff are very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post

If you don't want to use a bladder, the Inov8 packs have the huge disadvantage of not having any mesh bottle pockets on the outside of the sack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Navigator View Post
    If you don't want to use a bladder, the Inov8 packs have the huge disadvantage of not having any mesh bottle pockets on the outside of the sack.
    yes, and a bladder pack will probably have design features that add weight

i use the pro 12 for longer runs, find it works and sits well, bladder position is good, ,easy to fill insitu also.
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

I have one of the race elite 15 and think it is superb. I sometimes use a bladder with it but not a innov8 one , it is one from my camelbak and it still leaves plenty of storage for maps clothes etc .The side pockets are a big bonus giving easy access to sweets gels etc . I have used mine on bg reeces , 3p reeces and would recommend them to anyone.I will be using mine on the T.O.P.

Quote Originally Posted by ali mac View Post
    I have one of the race elite 15 and think it is superb. I sometimes use a bladder with it but not a innov8 one , it is one from my camelbak and it still leaves plenty of storage for maps clothes etc .The side pockets are a big bonus giving easy access to sweets gels etc . I have used mine on bg reeces , 3p reeces and would recommend them to anyone.I will be using mine on the T.O.P.
    does it have a pocket next to the back to slide a bladder into and keep it upright, or do you just bung yours in the main compartment?

just got the optional bottle holder for my inov 12. Fits on either the left or right strap. It took me a couple of runs to get used to it and to fiddle with the straps but now I quite like it. I prefer this to running with a water bottle bum bag.

Just been through something similar ZHR! Went and got myself one of these Raidlight Endurance bumbags:
    http://www.likeys.com/acatalog/Raidlight_Equipment.html
    and it's brilliant!
    The best sack for running I've ever owned is the Raidlight Endurance 10l, you can use a bladder with it if you want (its also very easy to refill as its on the front of the sack rather than the back) its also got a holder for a bottle thats handy for hat and gloves if not using a bottle and a pocket on the belt for food, plus you've two mesh pockets for extra bottles when on BG support etc

But the main thing is it doesn't bounce
    Bill