Thread: pain in knee..is it new shoes?

pain in knee..is it new shoes?

I've been off running now for a week with a knee injury, whilst running last Sunday, my whole leg felt a bit crampy or maybe just weired, thought I'd run through it and it got worse, had to walk home - two miles up and down hills limping! It's feeling a bit better now (no more pain during normal activities)

What I want to know is if it is down to changing shoes - I've just replaced my old rocklites with the Montrail pheonix (they are essentialy highlanders - rock&run £35 - bargain!) It seems pretty obvious that they have caused my injury - should I just chuck 'em away and get a new pair of innov8? Do I need to worry about pronation issues off-road? I'm an over-pronator but I've been fine in Innov8 and Walsh in fell/trail situations for well over 1 year. I use stability shoes on-road.

Has anyone else suffered as a result of new shoes? Is this just part of the braking in process?

Master and MR

Re: pain in knee..is it new sh

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I've been off running now for a week with a knee injury, whilst running last Sunday, my whole leg felt a bit crampy or maybe just weired, thought I'd run through it and it got worse, had to walk home - two miles up and down hills limping! It's feeling a bit better now (no more pain during normal activities)

What I want to know is if it is down to changing shoes - I've just replaced my old rocklites with the Montrail pheonix (they are essentialy highlanders - rock&run £35 - bargain!) It seems pretty obvious that they have caused my injury - should I just chuck 'em away and get a new pair of innov8? Do I need to worry about pronation issues off-road? I'm an over-pronator but I've been fine in Innov8 and Walsh in fell/trail situations for well over 1 year. I use stability shoes on-road.

Has anyone else suffered as a result of new shoes? Is this just part of the braking in process?
    i would go back to the walshs and see if the injury repeats after some rest first mind, if so bin them , although someone will take them off you on here.

Re: pain in knee..is it new sh

Cheers Daz

I think that I'll try that it sounds like common sense. I have read in other threads about orthotics and am trying my green super-feet in the pheonix's, and using them for short hikes. (I reckon that'll break them in)

I'll give the Walsh another go + the old innov8's and see if it flares up again. I'm going to rest for at least another week although my knee has stopped hurting for two days now.