Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fell Run Coach.

Fell Run Coach.

Are there any Fell Run Coaches or Coaches with Fell run experience in and around the Sheffield area. After many false starts and changes of drugs and ups and downs and just about everything else i am now on an even keel or as even as i can be. I have read training items and i have run well plodded very slow and to be honest i could do with some experienced help and advice. Again honestly i am a physical wreck and very overweight {not helped by medication which tries its best to keep me that way} but i feel i need coaching because i feel i need a target based training program{for instance run 10k in 1.30 mins}.Also i don't know what exercises for flexibility are best and weights etc. I just don't feel i have the confidence to construct this myself or the knowledge and would really appreciate any names. Or even if anyone who can do it through e-mail. Please PM me if you think you can help or know someone who can.
    They called me mad and i called them mad and damn them they outvoted me !!!.

Re: Fell Run Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
    Are there any Fell Run Coaches or Coaches with Fell run experience in and around the Sheffield area. After many false starts and changes of drugs and ups and downs and just about everything else i am now on an even keel or as even as i can be. I have read training items and i have run well plodded very slow and to be honest i could do with some experienced help and advice. Again honestly i am a physical wreck and very overweight {not helped by medication which tries its best to keep me that way} but i feel i need coaching because i feel i need a target based training program{for instance run 10k in 1.30 mins}.Also i don't know what exercises for flexibility are best and weights etc. I just don't feel i have the confidence to construct this myself or the knowledge and would really appreciate any names. Or even if anyone who can do it through e-mail. Please PM me if you think you can help or know someone who can.
    It sounds like you need to get yourself fit first and general fitness should be your target which you will get at a local gym.

Athletics wise, I certainly don't think you need a fell coach. You probably would be best to get to a Road Running Club where they tend to have A,B, C groups to go out on group runs based on ability.

The camaraderie of group training within your level should get you going.

Banned

You could always try Keith Anderson ( ex Brit Champ) he now runs a company called Full Potential.
    I know he's coaching Chris Steele-Borrowdale.

http://www.fullpotential.co.uk/Services/Coaching.aspx

Matt,

I know we've touched on it before, but i really think you'd find it enjoyable to come along to one of the Porter Valley Plodders nights. Lots of different people with different abilities. I lead them out and then we cater for different needs as we go along. You might do two miles, you might do five, depending on how you feel.

Everybody is VERY friendly. And we all end up in the pub afterwards. Its like a running club thats not actually a running club.

I'm cutting back my Plodder duties to spend more time with DPFR, so if you do fancy it then let me know and I'll make sure I'm there.

Also, I'm hoping to have a bit of spare time coming up so I'll PM you in the near future about that run/walk you suggested.

Simon
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Thanks Simon i know and thank you. When are you plodding next ?.
    They called me mad and i called them mad and damn them they outvoted me !!!.

At Herod Farm tonight, possibly next week...was planning on DPFR but will amend if you fancy a plod...
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    It sounds like you need to get yourself fit first and general fitness should be your target.
    agreed - employing the services of a fell-running specific coach without a certain level of fitness might not be a good strategy

to whit:
    http://www.britmilfit.com/

good luck

Not Sheffield based, but not a million miles away... this guy got me through my recent Arctic Adventure and my Dutch "I don't do hills" wife through the Edale Skyline and is top drawer www.theendurancecoach.com

Quote Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
    Thanks Simon i know and thank you. When are you plodding next ?.
    Quote Originally Posted by simgreen78 View Post
    At Herod Farm tonight, possibly next week...was planning on DPFR but will amend if you fancy a plod...
    Get your self to the Trunce.

It's a good motivator for fitness as you run the same course and you get bonus points for getting faster even if you come in 20 minutes after the winner and alot do.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Get your self to the Trunce.

It's a good motivator for fitness as you run the same course and you get bonus points for getting faster even if you come in 20 minutes after the winner and alot do.
    Good idea. I'll be there Matt, fancy it? (Its on Monday)
    Last edited by simgreen78; 14-04-2010 at 12:18 PM.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.