Thread: Which club?

Which club?

Right i've well and truely been bitten by this fell running bug and decided its about time i join a club. So over the next month or so i plan to sign up. Only issue i have now is which one? I've narrowed it down to either Holmfirth Harriers or Calder valley fell runners as they are both relatively close to where I live. Anyone got any experience of these clubs? Any suggestions of which you would recommend for someone new to the sport (and not as fit ass i should be!) would be really helpful. Ta
    "That was the night everything changed"

Re: Which club?

Quote Originally Posted by eavesy187 View Post
    Right i've well and truely been bitten by this fell running bug and decided its about time i join a club. So over the next month or so i plan to sign up. Only issue i have now is which one? I've narrowed it down to either Holmfirth Harriers or Calder valley fell runners as they are both relatively close to where I live. Anyone got any experience of these clubs? Any suggestions of which you would recommend for someone new to the sport (and not as fit ass i should be!) would be really helpful. Ta
    Calder valley have a good club and some top runners, ino quite a few people who used to run for them and shared many great times with them. As i dont know much about holmfirth id join calder a friendly bunch
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Re: Which club?

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    Calder valley have a good club and some top runners, ino quite a few people who used to run for them and shared many great times with them. As i dont know much about holmfirth id join calder a friendly bunch
    Yep, Calder Valley are a good bunch (...just don't let Turbo Tom know we said this tho will you ) and like Scott I know quite a few of the crowd there.

But tbh, both are good clubs, and you'll find a welcome at either. I'd suggest you go along to both for a couple of weeks and decide after that...

See you at a race sometime
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...